Chapter 25 Depart of Husbands and War turns Dire

Anastasia POV:

Myself, Alexander, Peter, and Catherine along with Momma was saying goodbye to Dmitri and Papa before they leave for the front on the train. We was all in fur coats to stay warm and I hugged Dmitri and back away looking at all families saying goodbye to a love one. As the train leaves the station Catherine started crying and almost runs to the train but Alex stopped her hugging her.

I took them to bed and sees Nikita already sleeping Alex lay under his dark blue sheets while Peter does the same with his light blue sheets. Catherine sits on Alex bed and snuggled with her brother and she looks at me and ask "Mommy, why Dad had to leave?","He left to fight against the evil Germans who are being mean to Jews","Why are they being mean to Jews?","They think that they are smarter, now goodnight my little angels", I shut the door.

Catherine POV:

I feels Alex puts his arms around me holding me tight as I grab the music box and plays the melody. "Cathy you are the best sister ever"," And you are the best brother Alex". I falls asleep dreaming about my family.

Third POV:

It's been five weeks since Dmitri and Dowager Emperor Nicholas II reach the western border. A guard is standing near Dmitri noticing he is coughing and pale,"Um your majesty, you should head back to Petersburg","I'm fine", he walks away as the guard goes to Nicholas and tell him the situation. It was dark and guards loading a sleeping body on to the train taking it back to the palace.

Dmitri wakes up being carried by guards through the gates of the palace as Alexandria comes out with ladies in waiting to carry Dmitri to his room. Anastasia is walking to her room and going in see some maids and her mother, Olga, and Tatiana restraining Dmitri; "What is going on here?", "Your father sent word that he was coming back due to sickness", Alexandra points to Dmitri. She tells everyone to leave as she force Dmitri to lay down as she put a wet cloth on his forehead.

Anastasia POV:

I hear running and the door opening revealing Alexander and Catherine, they open a hidden wall going inside shutting no doubt hiding. More running is heard and Nikita, Peter, Alexandra, and Peter II runs in looking around, while Calvin walks in grinning; "Calvin, I thought you said they ran in here","I did, Aunt Anastasia you wouldn't know where Alex and Cathy is?","No Cal","Shame onto their room", They leaves and I lock the door. Alex and Cathy comes out the hidden compartment and sits on the love seat by the window, until they recognized their father on the bed "Papa!!", they jumps and hugs him; "My little prince and princess it's so good see you both and I see your brother and cousin failed to notice me", "Oh I would lead them back", as Alex told Cathy to go to the hidden wall and prepare to shut it as he went in when he returns. He runs back and hide as Nikita and Peter along with Cal runs back in, Dmitri coughs "Dad! Uncle Dmitri!" Peter and Calvin tackles him, while Nikita looks around the room and stops at the hidden wall opening it revealing Alex and Cathy.
They crawled out and comes to the bed and sits with Peter and Calvin.
Alexander's POV:
Dad is back and not grandpa, I leave the room to sit and read a book about our family. Cathy comes to me and hugs me urging me to go to the garden and play tea party with her.

Anastasia POV:

I was in my temporary study in the Winter Palace until the Germans get push back from the city and servants was setting up radio broadcasting equipment. "Attention, people of Russia the Germans have push back our forces and was stalled at our defensive line and France along with Luxuemburg, Belgium, Netherlands, and Denmark has surrendered to the Germans and as the people of the capital hear gunfire at the defensive lines south of us they began setting up makeshift defenses to protect the city".