Chapter 32 Romanov Isolation and Tragedy

Third POV:

It's been a month since Rasputin's attack on the Twenty Anniversary Ball and the Imperial Family retreated to behind the gates of their Imperial Palaces with knowledge of what going on in the outside world. The only people able to see the Imperial family is the Security Council and relatives and they are only expose to the Empress and the Tsarevich. Grand Duchess Xenia moved to the Kremlin Palace in Moscow to better govern the region, while the Dowagers Nicolas and Alexandra moved to Peterhof to have more freedom, all while Alexander Palace is newly vacant.

Catherine POV:

I watch as Ministers leave the palace gates heading to the outside world where there's a lot to explore. I feel someone put their chin on my shoulder and sees Nikita next to me.

Third POV:

Alexander and Arina is sitting in Anastasia's study with Dmitri, "We decided to give you a early wedding gift and it is the Alexander Palace and you won't be able to move in until after you married which will be a couple years".

It was night and a messenger was running into the palace to the Empress's bedchambers and knocked frantically. Anastasia opens the door with Dmitri right behind her, "Your Majesty the Dowager Emperor Nicholas II is dead", "How?", "According to the Royal Doctor in the Dowager's Household, he died from natural causes", "Thank You", the messenger leaves as Anastasia broke down in the hallway crying.

A government official place signs outside of the Winter Palace saying the "Tsar is dead" and a official report.

In the goverment center in Communist China Stalin is with a radio technician listening Commonwealth broadcasts the say "all government faculities is closed because the Neva has stopped", "The Neva River is in Saint Petersburg why is it a concern", another radio transmission interrupts,"Breaking News, Dowager Emperor Nicholas II is dead and the people of Petersburg is holding a memorial outside the Winter Palace to honor the former Tsar's life, and here a official statement from the Imperial Family"The Dowager Emperor will be missed by his Wife, Children, and his beloved Grandchildren just like his mother was missed by her grandchildren and great grandchildren".

Anastasia was walking in the garden after the funeral when her cousin Irina Yusupova Romanov and her husband Felix Yusupov following behind her. "Cousin Anastasia, Why is you son married to a countess and the daughter of a governor?", "It was planned by myself, Governor Ludenov, and Grand Duchess Catherine", "Is it wise to have a commoner as the next empress?","Yes", Irina walks off with a huff, Anastasia mutters "Royalist".

Russian Embassy in Republic of China- A Day Later

The Ambassador was heading to his room, when he was attack and killed dropping the Imperial crest with a blue gem and it shatters as the killer flees.

Anastasia was sitting in on a Emergency Security Council meeting, "Councilors early last night in our Chinese Embassy a ambassador was murdered and we suspect that a Soviet entered the embassy in stealth and murder him hoping that we would blame the Chinese government and withdraw our support in the civil war", says the Minister of Foreign Affairs, "Why go to that trouble even when the Chinese Civil War is in communist favor", responds the Minister of Defense.

It has been eight months, since the death Tsar Nicholas II and his wife Dowager Empress Alexandra is laying on the her bed sickly pale. "Your Grace the crown and necklace you requested to be made and repaired have arrived", "sit them down next to me and summon my children and grandchildren", the maid set two boxes and went to contact Catherine's Palace.

The Empress and her siblings minus Maria along with her children  arrives at Alexandra's bedchamber. "My children I don't have long for this world", she waves Catherine over to her, "My only granddaughter I have something for you", she grabs the box that have the Imperial Crest of Great Britain and opens it revealing a gold encrusted tiara with green gems on the tips, "This tiara was once worn by your Great Great Grandmother Queen Victoria of the British Empire and Empress of India", "And this necklace I had custom made for you", she gets out of the box a necklace that has emeralds. "Nana, this too much", "Nonsense, I want to spoil my granddaughter in my final moments", Alexandra places the tiara on Catherine's head, "You look just like her with the tiara on, but with longer hair", Alexandra quietly says and takes her last breath. Alix of Hesse or Alexandra Feodorovna in Russian has died.

 Alix of Hesse or Alexandra Feodorovna in Russian has died

In Buckingham Palace

Princess Victoria Mountbatten of Hesse was sitting with her grandson and soon to be granddaughter-in-law Prince Phillip and Princess Elizabeth, when a television announcement came on showing a funeral procession in Saint Petersburg, Russia and the coffin has a cross on it and a blanket of the Imperial Crest covering the bottom part of it. "Early Yesterday morning, the last symbol of a autocratic government has died, the Dowager Empress Alexandra Feodorovna has died from an illness that lasted months that could have came from her Hemophilia, according to her household doctor and she was surrounded by her children and grandchildren within Peterhof". Victoria gasps and says "Oh Alix" and she recognize the tiara on her Great Niece head as her Grandmother's, "Father told me that she put out a request to have it shipped to Russia, but he didn't know why", says Princess Elizabeth Windsor. The Imperial Family got on a stage and stood as reporters crowd around them yelling questions as the Empress slience them and they began asking one at a time,"Grand Duchess Catherine where did you get that tiara, because it doesn't seem of Russian origin?","It's not because Nana requested it to be sent from England and gifted it to me, because my Great Great Grandmother Queen Victoria wore it.", the reporter nods.
Victoria Mountbatten thought she was looking at her namesake and Grandmother, because her Great Niece had her hair in a bun making it look short like Queen Victoria.

Catherine's full name in English is Catherine Victoria Anastavna Romanov in honor of her two namesakes Empress Catherine the Great and Queen Victoria, While Alexander's is Alexander Nicholas Anastavich Romanov which are his Grandfather and Great Grandfather, while Peter's is Peter Dagmar Anastavich Romanov in honor of Emperor Peter the Great and his maternal Great Grandmother Dagmar of Denmark or Empress Marie Feodorova.