Chapter 30 A Rivalry Begins

Third POV:

It's been a year since the war ended and all is well in Russia with the approaching Summer coming that celebrate the return of the Romanov Dynasty back in 1926 with the twenty anniversary of the Empress Coronation.

Princess Arina is sitting the garden crying while looking a picture of an women that is standing with Governor Ludenov in front of the Winter Palace looking pregnant with a little boy being held. Alexander walks up to her and sat on the ground brushing out of her face looking concern, "Ari, what wrong?","Alex, It just when Japan first enter the war they bombed the city and one target was a hospital where my mother was helping at and she along with many others never made it out", "I didn't like to go that day, but I should've gone", she burst out sobbing, "Ari, I'm glad you are here with me and I got something for you", he put a locket around her neck, she opens it to see a picture of her and Alex on a their first date, "Alex; thank you I will cherish it forever".

Anastasia POV:

I was watching Alex and Arina from my office window while the Minister of Finance tells about the German's economic expansion to rival us in trade power."Your Majesty are you listening?","Sorry Minister, I was watching the Tsarevich with his betrothed", he nods and dismiss himself as prepare myself for the ball.

Third POV:

Anastasia and Tatiana was walking on the third floor heading to the east wing third floor that has been abandoned, since the Revolution of 1916 that once house the residence of the Royal children. Anastasia unlocks the door with the key and opens it revealing a hallway with wallpaper peeling off, light fixtures fallen out of the wall, broken windows, couches and furniture turned over. They walk to a door with a sign that reads: The Big Pair Olga and Tatiana and they walk to the next door that was missing a lock and was wide open and off it hinges with a sign reading: Little Pair Maria and Anastasia, they walk in to see toys still on the floor and bed sheets messed up to show that someone got up in a haste and a broken lamp on the floor with dry blood on it.

Anastasia POV:

I look around my childhood room and sees a note on the pillow cover with dust that reads: "I Love You Anastasia From D" the rest of the name is faded, Tatiana is looking at old toys when we hear a noise coming from the wall. The wall by the bed opens revealing Dmitri and he sees the note in my hand and blush, "I see you read my note from the night of the revolution", I nods and hugs him tearing up.

Third POV:

Down the hallway Alexander, Arina, Peter, Catherine, and Nikita coming out of rooms with suits and dresses and they look towards the restricted section noticing the door is open. They walk towards it and notice how messy the hallway is and notice an open door leading to a room.

Alexander POV:

I notice nameplates belong to aunts and mom on the door and we approach an open door with Mother and Father hugging and Aunt Tatiana looking out a broken window. Cathy coughs while Ari holds my hand and they all look at us, "Mom what is this section used for", "It was the Royal Children Residence before the revolution and have not been used in over thirty years, it also was the same room that your father help me and your Great-Grandmother Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna escape from the palace".