34

Shin's POV

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Tanong ni kuya Jin habang tumitingin sa paligid ko making sure that everything is fine.

"Yes kuya, I am. Sapat na rin na you got your whole division guarding the vicinity. I think I'm safe enough." Sabi ko sa kanya at bumuntong hininga naman siya. Still unsure of leaving me alone.

"Okay, we'll get going then. Take care." Sabi ni kuya Jin at niyakap ako bago sila tuluyang umalis sa unit ko.

I stared at Kris and he stared back, then there's the deafening silence between the both of us.

I just really wish this whole mafia thing is not a part of me, I mean, this is the only thing that I hate about my life.

Now Kris is getting involved, sooner or later magugulat na lang ako hostage na siya ng ibang mafia because he's associated with me. And I can't do that, I can't stand that thought, and I won't.

I won't just stand here and watch it happen when I can easily end things and prevent every bad thing from happening. 

"I think we should stop." Diretso kong sabi sa kanya at napatingala naman siya sa'kin.

"But we're not doing anything, Shin." Mahina niyang sabi. Pretending like he doesn't know what I mean.

"Kris.." I started but then he cut me off.

"Ayoko!" Pagtataas niya ng boses sa akin and the anger in his eyes is very evident. The way his jaw and hands are clenched, it was very evident how mad he is.

"Kris, you need to hear me out." Kalmado kong sabi sa kanya because I know that this is not the right time para sabayan ko ang init ng ulo niya.

"No, I know what you're going to say. You're gonna say how guilty you are na nadamay pa ako sa gulo niyo and this is all for the best because you don't want me getting involved with your business. Guess what, Shin? I'm already involved and I know what I signed up for. So either you make this hard for us or accept the fact that you'll need to keep an eye on me 24/7, that's your call because there's no way in hell that I'd break up with you." Matigas niyang sabi at natigilan naman ako.

How could he be so fearless? If I were him the moment I knew that I'm involved with a mafia leader I would run for my life.

"What? Kris this is for you!" Pagtataas ko sa kanya ng boses at tumawa siya.

"No, Shin. You think this is for me, but this is really for you. Kasi you don't want to be held accountable for the damages na I'd take during this relationship, but I swear on my life I will not hold you accountable for anything! I love you! Tang ina, mahal na mahal kita! Hindi ko kayang gawin sa'yo 'yon!" Sigaw niya pabalik at nagsimula nang mamula ang mga mata niya.

"I just don't want you to be in danger," I said while sobbing and his face instantly softened. Lumuhod siya sa harap ko at hinawakan ang pisngi ko.

"I'm not in danger, baby. I know you will protect me gano man ako kalayo sa'yo, so don't give up on me, okay?" Sabi niya at umiling na naman ako sa kanya.

"Kris, you don't get it. Once the word get out na I had something to do with you, you'd be their target to lure me in, to manipulate me." Mahina kong sabi at nginitian niya ako.

"I will never be that kind of person. I will never be the person who can make you vulnerable and manipulated. You want to know why? Because you're more than just my girlfriend. You're Shin Iris Tuazon, the daughter of the most respected mafia boss in the world, why will you be a pawn for me, right?" Sabi niya at dahan-dahang sinuklay ang buhok ko.