Chapter 14

O P H E L I A ' S   P O V

She sat there with her long slender legs lapped so effortlessly across each other, a move that apparently only people like her could pull off.

Shalissa told me that apparently ladies lap their legs when wearing a dress because it showed elegance and she mentioned that it would also get Levi "riled up."

Whatever that meant.

Her feet lightly rocked back and forth as she sipped a glass of champagne on the long white couch, a small smirk evident on her face.

I felt like crying. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten such an important detail.

Levi stood slightly in front of me with his jaw locked tightly, the action outlining more of his chiselled features.

"What are you doing here, Amanda?" He gritted out as he locked his fists tightly together.

She just watched him before standing up which allowed her outfit to be easier to behold.

She wore a skin fitting white dress which stuck to her tiny waist before flowing down to her knees in pleats. Her hair was perfectly done in tight curls and she strutted across the room in her long black heels as if she was on a red carpet.

Even adorned in the designer white dress I was wearing, she still managed to make such a simple outfit look ten times better than mine.

"You haven't been answering my calls." She stated, her voice sounding extremely calm.

I coward backward before planting myself behind Levi's broad frame and nervously picking at the long fingernails that Shalissa glued on.

This seemed to catch her attention before she snapped her eyes back to Levi.

"You'd think that you would catch a hint." His voice was low and dripping with venom.

She let out a dark laugh and she even managed to make that sound beautiful.

Her eyes landed on me and I realised the slight recognition lighting up her features. She placed her smooth hand over her mouth as she stifled a laugh and walked back to the couch, sitting on the arm of it.

Before long, she cocked her head back and let out a loud laugh before composing herself.

"I-I'm sorry. This is just too funny." She mused. "The waitress, really?" She pointed at me.

Levi turned his head to the left a little to gaze at my form cowering behind him more before turning his menacing stare back at Amanda.

"How did you get in here?" He questioned, ignoring her statement on me.

"The guards know that we're in a relationship. I have a right to be in my boyfriend's home." She said.

"You're right, you do. Tell me when you find him. Look, I told you that this entire agreement was off." His voice remained low.

Her face turned from pleasant to venomous in seconds and she stood up again. "Is it because of this— this thing behind you." A soft whimper left my mouth before I can stop it as I shrunk back behind Levi.

I looked down and saw Levi's hands forming to fist before he released them tensely.

"Leave." He said simply.

She walked past him before brushing my shoulder harshly as she strutted out the room.

"This isn't finished."

And with that, she slammed the door.

I let out a shaky breath as I let her presence sink in.

I had just gone out on a date with a man in a relationship.