Chapter 44

O P H E L I A ' S P O V

I pushed back the soft strands of hair from Levi's forehead. He was truly a handsome man; my man. I didn't think anyone could come close in comparison with his charcoal-colored eyes or his sharp jawline and perfect, kissable lips.

His shirt somewhat found itself on the floor last night, leaving his beautiful muscles and abs on display for me as I sat on the side of the bed and just stared at his face, my finger tracing over every imperfectly perfect flaw on his face.

He looked at his most peaceful when sleeping, with his slightly parted lips and gently closed eyes.

My fingers gently traced around the outline of his lips, a small smile displaying on my features at the sight.

It wasn't long before his eyes began to flutter open as they squinted to adjust to the light blaring through the curtains.

The first thing he obviously noticed was my face directly in front of his and my hand caressing his face. My heart skipped a beat when a large, sleepy smile slowly crept upon his lips.

He slowly raised his hand and pushed my hair behind my ear, his large hand resting itself on my cheek, "So this is what an angel looks like?" His husky voice whispered to me and the sound of him caused my heart to flutter.

I blushed lightly, my eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets when he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and threw me on the bed with him, his heavy figure rolling over with me now staring into his eyes as he hovered over me.

"Morning," His teeth sunk into his bottom lip as he tried to hide a smile at my startled state.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I murmured in reply to him. "Are you hungry?" I asked, a hum followed after as I waited on his response.

He buried his head into my neck and placed light kisses on the sensitive skin as he basically ignored my question. "Did you eat?" He questioned, stressing on 'you' making me sigh and roll my eyes at his tone.

"I did. I went to the diner down the street." I smiled as my hands came into contact with his cheeks as I pulled him up so he could face me.

He pouted, making me giggle, his hair lazily splayed all over his forehead and in a dire need of a haircut. "I was hoping we could eat together." He said, his pout still remaining, causing me to do the same. "Why'd you leave to eat? There's more than enough food here." He said as if it was obvious and I was mentally beating myself up over his question.

I felt when the smile from my face had dropped. I wasn't accustomed to lying to Levi, and I surely didn't want to start now. The idea of me going out alone with Trinity wouldn't sit well with him and I knew that but yet, I felt as if I had to do that by myself, in which I was glad that I did because it turned out pretty well.

I then pinned my lips together before parting them, my eyes roaming around the room before they met on Levi's questioning gaze. I blew out a puff of air, composing myself for what I was going to say. "I-I met up with Trinity," I admitted softly and I definitely didn't miss the perplexed look on his face. Levi then scrunched his eyebrows together, as if he was trying to process what I said before his eyes widened slightly as he stared down at me.

The heat was then gone from my body as he quickly jumped off of me. He was pacing up and down the room, running his hand through his raven-colored hair before turning his attention back to me, his playful smile completely gone as nothing but confusion and anger was etched on his face.

"Are you fucking out of your goddamn mind, Ophelia?" He shouted and I quickly sat up on the bed. "Do you have any fucking idea who Trinity is?" He questioned and I flinched as his voice was getting louder by the passing seconds. "She's completely obsessed and delusional. How dare you put yourself in danger like that?!" He yelled and a scoffed followed after making me drop my eyes to the bed in shame.