Chapter 29

L E V I ' S  P O V

Going to Elijah's house to get Ophelia wasn't one of my favourite things to do. She should be home with me.

It was an absolute pleasure to see the smile that lit her face when she saw the roses in my hand and I let out an internal sigh of relief when I realised that she liked roses. I had never gotten her flowers before and wasn't sure which kind she liked.

As she moved away from the door to place the flowers in a vase of nice, chilling water, I grit my teeth as I looked up at the ceiling, placing my hands in my pocket.

Don't look down, Levi.

I then took one hand out of my pocket to rub the slight stubble on my chin.

Don't fucking look down, boy.

I cursed myself in two different languages as I damn well looked down, letting out a quiet groan.

Fuck she had a nice ass that my hands were itching to touch.

Stop it, you dumb fucker, she wasn't a piece of meat.

I cleared my throat as she walked back.

Now here we were, at an Italian restaurant. I had just finished ordering for Ophelia and I could tell that she was happy that I did since she wasn't sure what to order or what even was on the menu. I could've taken her to the restaurant we went to before with her favourite food but I wanted something different so it didn't look like she didn't deserve a new and special idea each time we went out.

I just thought that hopefully, she would find more food to like other than just chicken alfredo.

I poured Ophelia a glass of water, knowing that she didn't drink.

"So, how's work?" I offered conversationally but then cringed afterward.

We sounded like we were having a first date.

"It's going alright, Rachel's just cutting down my days a little so I have to take over-time most of the time," She explained softly.

I gritted my teeth. I wanted to tell her that she knew that she shouldn't be overworking herself with too much work, especially late at night. I did make sure that since Gerald wasn't picking her up, Elijah had one of his drivers do it. I wanted to tell her to stop exhausting herself, and then afterward, for her to reassure me that she was fine. I wanted for her to just wrap her arms around my waist whenever this topic came up and pepper my jaw in light pecks in a way to get me to forget about the situation, in which I never would, but just pretended to get her to continue to have her lips trailing my skin.

But I didn't have a say this time. Obviously, if Ophelia wanted to, she could work whenever she felt like it, but she took in my opinion and my thoughts mattered to her so much that she wanted my 'okay' just for her to feel comfortable while working the overtime.

But as I said, I had no place to voice my thoughts or to say anything about the way she wanted to run her life, especially since I didn't know what to call us now.

So instead, I forced myself to say, "Oh? Just be careful." As I squeezed the wine glass in my hand.

She nodded her head and looked down longingly at her water with a frown, almost as if she wanted me to scold her about not working too hard.

"Is everything okay at work?" She asked quietly.

I was now attending work once again and everything was the same. Tended to happen when you had employees that you can depend on to look after a business for you when you're not available to.