Chapter 27

T H I R D   P E R S O N ' S    P O V

Levi took a long swig of the beer in his hand, feeling or showing no burning sensation as it slid down his throat.

He was going to this bar for the past three days now, drinking his sorrows away. It was a week and a half since he's last spoken or even seen Ophelia and it was driving him insane.

He knew that he cared for her more than anything but damn, he realised now that he needed to be with her more than anything.

He had tried countless times to call and text her but she wouldn't answer.

"Hey there," He heard a voice say from next to him. He turned his head solemnly and took note of the breathing creature next to him but didn't spare her another glance as he took another swig of his beer, calling the bartender over to get him something stronger.

The woman next to him was a pretty little thing with blonde hair cut in a bob that framed her petite face, deep brown eyes, and thin pink lips. However, Levi didn't take any notice of this. As far as he was concerned, her hair should've been black, extremely curly, she should've had rosy cheeks and natural plump, pouty lips. Other than that, she wasn't anything perfect.

"Been seeing you around here for the past few days," She tried to make conversation.

Levi paused for a second before looking down at his attire. He was sure that he looked like shit. He had on a long-sleeved shirt that he pulled up above his elbows and dark jeans. His hair was everywhere and faint circles lied beneath his eyes.

Then why was this woman still speaking to him?

Little did he know that she found it extremely attractive.

Once again, he paid her no attention and instead, looked down at the empty beer bottle in front of him.

The bartender slammed down four shots of a liquid in front of him. He wasn't sure the substance in the glass but what he did know was that it was something strong. Throwing his head back, he took all the shots consecutively.

Was this really what it came to?

He was never a drinker. Ever.

In fact, the last time he got a little tipsy was at a college party he attended in the first year of college.

From this morning and the one before that, he knew that he would have an incredibly horrible hangover, but that didn't stop him. As far as he was concerned, he deserved to feel such pain and ache.

"Wanna dance?" The lady questioned as she folded her legs, hoping to get his attention to the long slit in her dress which showcased her legs.

Damn, she was still there?

"No." He said. A simple word sounded incredibly harsh as he continued to look straight ahead.

Feeling that he spent enough time there, he slammed two bills on the counter and turned and stumbled out of the bar.

The cold air slapped him in his face as his eyes squinted to look for a cab. He was smart enough not to drive under the influence of alcohol.

Instead, he found Gerald standing by the limousine by the sidewalk.

-----------

Gerald glanced at his boss through the rearview mirror, passed out in the leather cushions.

He knew that something had happened between him and Ms. Ophelia but he didn't know that it was this serious. Anyone would assume that she was dead.

He had never seen his employer like this. He then knew that it had to be something bad. With that thought in mind, he took a left turn to Elijah's house.