STARRY NIGHT | 29

Starla sat in her bathroom in tears as she scrolled through her social media.

She had gotten many texts from her friends who were confused. And of course texts from Andrew.

andy <3
star what's going on

andy <3
is it true?

andy <3
no it can't be true
you'd never do that to me

andy <3
baby just text me and explain
he's just a friend right
read 12:36

Andrew walked into his apartment and sighed as he saw the unbuilt crib and the house was a mess. "Star!" Andrew walked into their shared room and didn't see her, he checked the bathroom. Nothing, he checked the baby's room. No Starla. He tried calling her once again but it went straight to voicemail.

What Andrew didn't know is that Star was currently in Addie's apartment crying her eyes out. "Oh Star." Addie sat with Star and rubbed her back. "Why'd you do it?" Starla wiped her bloodshot eyes and looked at her best friend. "He just wanted to hang out, so I agreed! Me and Tyler had a history and I really missed him." She sighed, "Then Andrew was never home and Tyler was always available," Addie closed her eyes, "It was one time! We drank a little too much and we both made a huge mistake." Addie took Star's hand, "You're going to be okay baby." Tears rolled down Starla's face.

Andrew was drinking glass after glass while sitting on Shane's couch. Ryland, Shane, and Morgan stood in the kitchen watching him. "Should we talk to him?," Ryland asked and Shane shook his head. He grabbed his keys and put on his shoes, "I'm going to go find Star." Morgan and Ryland both gave him a look. "Shannne. Shouldn't we give them some time? I'm sure she's just with Addie or something." Morgan patted his shoulder. Shane rubbed his eye and sighed, "I'm just worried about her. She's not answering any of her texts." Ryland nodded, "Let's just deal with Andrew right now."

"Hey buddy how's it going?" Ryland sat on the couch next to Andrew and placed his hand on his shoulder. Andrew didn't say anything. "So I know you're not in the mood for talking but I think you need to go home."  Andrew dryly laughed, "You're probably right. I'm sorry for bugging you guys." Ryland just shook his head. "If Star calls will you let me know?" Everyone nodded at Andrew and tried to smile at him.

Addie has convinced Star to go back to her and Andrew's apartment to grab some things and she was relieved when Andrew wasn't home.

While she was grabbing some clothes from her room she heard the front door open. "Hello?" Star pokes her head out from the door and saw the drunk ginger. She didn't know what to do. "Starla?," Andrew was slurring his words as he took his shoes off and started walking throughout the apartment.

He was walking towards their shared room and Starla just went back to putting her clothes in a bag. "There you are!" Andrew was surprised when he saw the girl. "I've been looking for you everywhere!" Star didn't even look him in the eye, "Hi Andrew." Andrew walked over and pulled Star into a hug. "I heard about your ex." Star closed her eyes and tried to pull away from his hug. "Andrew, I need to go. You're not sober so you 100% are going to hate me tomorrow." Andrew shook his head, "I don't hate you." Star felt a couple tears fall, "You will." She grabbed the bag and her keys and gave Andrew a kiss on the cheek, "I am so incredibly sorry Andrew."

The next morning Andrew woke up with a pounding headache. He grabbed advil from the bathroom and swallowed them. He checked his phone seeing he had a missed call and a voicemail from Star.

𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙪𝙢.. 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠.𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠. 𝙊𝙧.. 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩. 𝘽𝙮𝙚 𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙬.

The two awkwardly sat across from each other at Chipotle. "Andrew I just want to say that I completely understand and realize that you are no longer wanting to be with me. I slept with someone who wasn't you and I am so so sorry about it." Andrew just looked at her. "You were always at Shane's and I got lonely." "So, one night Tyler invited me over to catch up. Maybe drink a bit. So I agreed. I knew how much it hurt when he cheated on me but I still missed him." Star took a deep breath holding back her tears, "I got drunk and one thing led to another." Andrew shut his eyes tightly but still didn't say anything. "Any time someone captured a photo of us together was just us talking or me trying to tell him that what happened was a mistake."

"Andrew please say something."

"Is the baby even mine?"

Starla's heart broke when the boy finally spoke up. Andrew's voice had no emotion, she finally let her tears fall. "Andrew it was one time. I'm so sorry." Star tried placing her hand on his but he pushed her away, "That's not what I asked. Is. The Baby. Mine." Star let out a quiet noise and placed her hands on her face, she shook her head and whispered, "I don't know." Andrew had heard enough he grabbed his phone and walked out of the restaurant.