Chapter 4 - A smile for him!

Dolly's room:
"Mom just look at this ****y dress I bought.." Lavanya showed the dress to her mother, excitedly.

"You'll look gorgeous in this Lav, leave Arnav every boy will fall for you!" Dolly said smiling.

"But I just want Arnav Mom!.. He has to be mine, I didn't work hard to impress this family all these years to not marry him.. I will soon be Mrs.Raizada!" said Lavanya dreamily.

"For that you'll have to start impressing Arnav also, not only his family!" Dolly hit Lavanya's forehead, breaking her thoughts of marrying Arnav.

Lavanya pouted, and rubbed her forehead, "Mom! What do you think I bought this dress for? To make him fall for me, for my beauty!"
*********************************************************
"Khushi.." Anjali called her.

"Ji Anjali ma'am.." Khushi went near Anjali obediently.

"Can you please call Chote to have lunch? He's in his room, I have to help Shyam ji, he's calling me.." Anjali asked.

Khushi nodded, she went upstairs her heart was beating faster; she will have to talk with him! He's so scary, he might devour her inside the room.

Reaching in the room, the door was open and she just got inside forgetting to knock it as she really scared of Arnav, she just wanted to do the task Anjali asked her to and leave immediately.

"Sir.." she gulped, looking around searching for him.

"Yeah.." Arnav answered, as he walked out of the bathroom wiping his face with the towel on his hands.

He noticed Khushi standing there, then looked at the door side, "When did you came?" he asked to know if he made her wait for long or not.

Khushi followed his gaze to the door, she realized she didn't knock the door and yesterday he scolded Lavanya for this reason.
Khushi looked at him with teary eyes, "I'm sorry sir.."

"Hmm..why don't you just start calling me like that? My name for you from now on, is 'I'm sorry sir'.." he said sarcastically, "Whenever you will say this, I will know you're calling me only.."

Khushi started crying more, "I'm really sorry sir.. I'm not doing this purposely.. I'm always doing something wrong but I don't want to.. first I didn't know your name, then that day my rolling pin fell on your feet, it hurt you sir.. I lied to you today because NK asked me to, I wanted to save him that's why I lied, but you caught me sir.. now I got in your room without knocking.. I know you hate this sir you even said to Lavanya ma'am yesterday, but it was a mistake.. I didn't do this purposely, please believe me.. please don't deduct my salary, I need it to pay my college fees.. please sir!"

Arnav was shocked, when did he got angry with her for all these things? And from where did she thought he would deduct her salary?

Seeing her cry bitterly, he walked to her and put her hair aside gently, she closed her eyes still sobbing. He wanted to wipe her tears with his thumb, but Khushi stepped back, perhaps in fear of him.

"Khushi stop crying.. I won't do any such thing with you, and I've said before I'm not angry with you.." he said.

"You will not deduct my salary sir?" she blinked her eyes innocently.

Arnav nodded sideways, "No, I won't.. you want me to write this somewhere and sign on it?"

"Nahin sir.. your word is enough!" she said nodding sideways vigorously.

She looks so cute!... He thought.
"Sir Anjali ma'am called you to have lunch.." Khushi informed him, wiping her tears.

"Okay.." he replied, keeping the towel on it's place. Khushi was about to go, when he called her.

"Khushi.." she heard his husky voice and turned to him.

"As for entering in my room, only you're allowed ok! Don't let anyone else, especially La..La.. (he forget her name again).. La..whatever " Arnav tried hard to remember Lavanya name, then give up.

"Lavanya ma'am.." Khushi replied.

"Let's keep it Lazybones.. it will be easy to remember.." he said.

Khushi wanted to laugh out loudly, but she controlled herself.
Lavanya watched this standing at the door, she fumed in anger, "Arnav knows this Chamkili name and doesn't even remember mine! He called me Lazybones!!"

"Let's go downstairs.." he said, "I can't wait to taste your delicious food 'Kitchen Queen'!" he smiled faintly, a smile that rarely comes out when he talks with strangers, but with Khushi is different, from the very first he saw her, he liked her so much, he doesn't fell like to scold her, his heart only wants to pamper this girl, but why? Why is he feeling like that towards her? Why only HER? And the opposite happens to Lavanya, just a sight of that girl and he get irritated, hearing her nonsense, and her trying to act sweet is really annoying for him. Sweetness from Khushi comes out naturally, while with Lavanya is just fakeness. He knows that, he's very smart when it comes to judge the person and what they're in reality.

Khushi blushed when he praised her food, she never felt so happy when someone praised her cooking skills, hearing this from the great ASR, was a big thing for her. *******************************************************
Khushi kept the dishes on the table, and informed Ratna that she was going. Arnav came there, "Ma.."

"Haan beta bolo, you need something?" she looked at him.

"I.. we'll talk later.. attend Khushi first.." Arnav said, and stood there to hear their conversation.

"Good luck Khushi for your exams, I'm sure you'll will top like always.." Ratna kissed Khushi's forehead and went from there as she was being called by Raj.

"Good luck.." he wished her.

Khushi smiled, looking down and went from there.

"Gosh.. Cuteness overload!" he thought smiling, and walked to the dining table.

"Arnav.. LAVANYA will serve for you today.." Lavanya bend and said on his ear, and then took his plate, smiling brightly.

NK and Akash laughed silently, as she said her name as she's talking about someone else, little did they know that she's doing this for Arnav to memorize her name.
"God!.. Cuteness overdose.." Arnav thought, annoyed with Lavanya's acting.

"Are you reminding yourself your name Lavanya bitiya?" asked Raj clueless; he raised his one eyebrow in confusion.

Lavanya smile embarrassed, while everyone laughed. Dolly glared at Lavanya for being stupid like this.

*************************************************************
At night..

Ratna sat with Arnav on the couch, leaving Raj with Anjali. Shyam, NK and Akash sat together on another couch, Nani was with Lavanya, Dolly and Mami.

"It's night dear.. are you comfortable with this tight dress, make up, jewelry, all this?" asked Nani in disbelief staring at Lavanya, she looked like someone who is ready to go out now.
Lavanya gritted her teeth, it's tenth time Nani is asking her this, with a tight lipped smile she replied, "I'm comfortable Nani ji.."

Nani shrugged and nodded, "This generation kids!"

"Ma, did you notice Khushi? She isn't like the new generation kids, she's different and simple girl.."said Raj smiling, "Kitni acchi bachi hai (such a good girl).. It's rare to find girls like her nowadays.."

Arnav who was boringly checking his emails on his phone, was all ears now to what his father was talking about Khushi.

Nani and Raj kept on talking about Khushi and letting Arnav know how she is, while Lavanya felt insulted.

***************************************************
Khushi returned home all tired, and as usual instead of letting her study, she had to clean the kitchen and serve everyone dinner, then hear taunts because Payal gossiped with Garima, that Arnav said he wanted to kiss the hand of the person who cooked today, she had to hear insults from them and they warned her to stay away from him, as Arnav would never look at her with other intentions, he would always see her as a maid.

She went to her room with tears in her eyes like always, like always she was blamed for everything. She didn't had a reason to smile, and the one she had today (Arnav praised her), even that little happiness they snatched from her.