Chapter 38 - Lavanya's time now!

Arnav knocked the door of her room slowly. Ratna opened the door and looked surprised to see him.

He got in silently and stare at Lavanya and Dolly, he glared at both, "I want to talk with my mother.."

Both went from there making faces.

"Did you came to taunt me also like you father and Ma did?" asked Ratna.

"No, I came to talk with you only.." he said and signaled her to sit on the bed. Ratna did as he said.

Arnav went near and sat beside. Ratna signaled him to rest his head on her lap.

Arnav nodded sideways, "I'm hurt with you today.. today I won't find peace in your lap Ma!"

"Chote why don't you understand things? I'm not your enemy beta.. I just want your good only.." said Ratna crying.

"I know Ma.. I haven't come here to fight with you.. I know now it's useless to convince you to accept my decision.. I just came to talk only Ma.." he said, "Can we just talk normally as we used to when I come back from school? You would hear my problems patiently and I would listen to your advices, or sometimes when you had fights with Dadi.. I would console you.."

Ratna nodded her head slowly.

"I don't know why you don't like Khushi Ma.. I don't see flaws in her.. She's my angel.. You know, I never thought I would love someone like I love her, that I would turn so possessive towards a girl, caring, protective.. sometimes I can't even recognize myself when I'm with her.. She's the only girl that turns me to Arnav and not ASR!.. Lavanya isn't like her Ma.. I don't feel comfortable with her, because Lavanya only looks at me like ASR.. she doesn't love the real me, she loves the mask I wear everyday I step out of this house.. ASR, the richest and famous business man, CEO of AR.. just that.." Arnav said.

"But maybe I'm wrong too.. I didn't told you first that I already love someone, the day you got to know must be shock for you that your son choose someone else than the girl you had in mind for him.." he looked at her.

Ratna nodded. Arnav continued, "But you're wrong too.. because you also didn't told me that you were planning my marriage with Lavanya.."

"If I told you, things would be different now?" Ratna asked.

"My love for Khushi wouldn't change Ma, but yeah.. It would be different because I would made you understand that I don't love Lavanya, I don't want her to be my life partner.. It just you were convinced before even asking me if I want this marriage or not, and when I denied you couldn't believe that.. you couldn't hear No from your son, the one who always obey you.. You wanted to prove yourself right, that Chote will always hear you.."

"But you always heard my words and they're always best for you!" said Ratna.

"Yes, I do Ma.. but I also have heart.. what I did earlier was for your happiness, but loving Khushi is for my happiness.. and I want to live with her Ma, she's the woman of my life.. just like Dad choose you leaving all proposals Dadi looked for him, I also choose Khushi leaving Lavanya!"

"It's about ME now.. How am I going to live my life with someone I can't even bear for minutes?" he asked.

"What if Khushi turns out to be gold digger?" she asked.

"What if Lavanya turns out to be gold digger?" he asked raising his brows.

"First you answer me.." she pouted.

"Okay.. since you made a plan to prove Khushi wrong in front of everyone.. let's make a plan to prove them right!" he said.

"Matlab?" she asked with confused look.