Chapter 18 - The first hug!

"Khushi come here.." Akash pulled her to join them.

"Let's take a selfie.. Nannav? Where's Nannav?" NK looked around pouting, "Did Nannav left already?"

Khushi remembered he called her outside, she has to meet him and here they are not letting her go.

"Let it be NK.. Bhai doesn't even like to click pictures anyway!" Akash said and everyone agreed.

Anjali ran excitedly to Khushi's side, she hugged Khushi sideways smiling, "Now it's perfect! Me with my Chote's Cutiepie!" she murmured but Khushi heard that.

"App bhi? You know.." Khushi asked in disbelief. Anjali nodded with a cheeky smile, "I was the one who found about it first.."

Khushi blushed and stare at the phone, unable to bear those teasing smiles of Anjali. NK clicked many pictures, and time was passing by. Khushi thought she must find a way to escape from there and meet him.

While everyone were engrossed in checking those selfies, Khushi took baby steps towards the stairs.

NK held her hand scaring her.

Khushi gasped, then looked at him: NK!! You scared me..

"Where are you going Jalebi?" NK asked, "It's not safe to go outside this late night.. you better stay here with us.."

"Haan but.." Khushi said.

"But nothing! Come on.. we still have to leave for that famous dhabba we love.. we challenged Nannav to eat junk food today! It will be fun.." NK said cheerfully.

Khushi looked behind sadly, as she was being dragged by NK inside the mandir again.
*********************************************************
After several attempts to escape, she finally reached where he asked her to. She looked around, but found no one there.

"Did Sir left?" she thought, "Let me wait for a while.. he must be here only.."

She walked near looking for him, but still Arnav wasn't there.

"Sir must be angry with me now.." she sighed sadly, then looked at his car parked there. Few seconds passed, and her face brightened, a smile adorned her lips when she saw his reflection on the mirror of his car.

She turned to him, "Sir.." she whispered.

"I'm here!" he said with a faint smile, "Why were you so restless when you didn't find me?"

"Woh.. I thought you would be angry.. Because I came late.." she said looking away.

"Why does it matter if I get angry on you or not?" he asked smirking, he took one step forward and Khushi took one step backwards gulping.

This went on, till Khushi leaned on the car and Arnav was close to her. He held her hand gently caressing it, "Here hides your first secret!"

She looked at him confused, he continued, "When Payal accused you of stealing her toys. Your mother beat with a ruler on your hands, right?"

Khushi widened her eyes in shock, she composed herself not wanting him to know, she nodded sideways, "I had really took her toys.."

"Lie! Payal hide her own toys so that your mother scolds you.. that's because Buaji bought many toys for you that day and she couldn't handle to see a smile on your face!" Arnav said.

Khushi looked down. Arnav brushed his cheek against her left cheek, "Your second secret hides here.."

Khushi closed her eyes, to stop her tears. "Shashi slapped you because you got low marks in school.. he made you listen so much, when it was Payal who got low marks and you just erased her name on the exam paper and saved her from getting scolded.."