Chapter 12 - Rain of roses!

After the party, everyone left to their room tiredly. Arnav was the only one, who still had some time to visit his wife (laptop) late at night. Everyone roll their eyes seeing him, but no one had strength left to discuss with him, so they just left.

After working for a while, Arnav also went upstairs towards his room. While walking, he found Khushi in the corridor of the first floor, she looked upset and lost.

He shook his head, and went from there.

Khushi was thinking about the recent conversation she had with Garima over the phone, Garima called her to obviously scold her for taking such an expensive sari from Anjali and Payal also informed her about the way Arnav fought with Lavanya for her.

"DM.. why do they think I'm behind money? Amma, Bauji and Jiji are always insulting me for this, I never tried to compete with Jiji, neither I would do anything to spoil her married life, then why?.. Why they think like this of me? Have I ever done something bad for them? I always wished them good, but they always think bad of me.. no matter how much I try to do everything good and perfect for them, they always blame me only.. Why? Why only Buaji, NK, Akash and.. Arnav sir understand me? Why only they think good of me?" she thought with tears brimming in her eyes.

She closed her eyes not to cry, not to fall weak now. Suddenly she felt like it was raining on her but it was not definitely water, she opened her eyes confused and blinked twice, as it fell on her face.

A smile adorned her face seeing rose petals being thrown at her, she joined her hands innocently to grab some on her hand.

"How's my idea?" Arnav asked smirking.

She looked at his side, and felt shy that she reacted like this in front of him. She was so happy and engrossed in the rain of rose petals that she didn't even saw him.

"You didn't like it?" Arnav asked.

"No Sir, I like it.. but why?" she asked.

"Why?.. Because I was going to sleep and on my way I saw a girl who let herself down because of others, then I decided to show her that the best way to lead your life is finding your own happiness.." Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him for a while in silence, Arnav continued: You know many people and even media spread wrong things about me, they're always saying I'm rude, I'm arrogant.. but I don't give a damn about it Khushi, it's my life and I will lead it the way I want.. if I'm rude to someone then I know why I behaved like that, and I'm not even worried to explain why I behaved like that.. everything I do of my professional and personal life, I know why I do it that's why I don't care to prove myself to the world, I don't care to prove to the world that I'm good person or whatever.. I don't care what they think about me, because I know who I am, what I do and why I do that.. if you know yourself well, then you don't have to upset over what Lazybones or others think about you, you know that's not true and some or other day, your truth will anyway come in front of others.. Cry.. Cry.. Cry.. till when will you cry? Every time people insult you, are you going to cry and let them succeed in spoiling your life? Are you going to let them win without even trying? Khushi when you cry, you're letting them know that they affect you, that you're accepting defeat and this increase their confidence, they're always going to put you down because they know you're not going to answer them back, you're not going to put a stop on this.." he said.

Khushi looked at him, she wanted to share what she went through with him, she doesn't know why but she never even told NK and Akash about her life, but Arnav made her feel comfortable, the way he shared about his world, she too wanted to say something but Payal was just behind them and watching everything.

"It's late sir.. Good night.." she said and walked to leave quickly, Arnav held her hand. Khushi turned to him, "You hide a lot of things.. I can feel it.."