Chapter 29 - Desi-Proposal!

Both came downstairs and Ratna was already glaring at Khushi.

Khushi hid behind Arnav slightly lowering her eyes. Arnav held her hand firmly, and whispered on her ear "There's no need to be scared Khushi.."

"Aye aye .. Arnav bitwa leave Khushi for a while!" Nani teased with a naughty smirk, "We also want to talk with our Khushi bitiya!"

"Haan, dekha na Nani.. then Khushi will leave for college, what time will we get with her?" Anjali pouted.

Arnav smirked, he made Khushi sit in between Anjali and Nani, "Here is your Khushi, now stop complaining you both.."

Both giggled while Khushi blushed. Arnav went to sit with Akash and NK.

"Khushi what do you want to eat? I will serve you.." Anjali asked smiling. Khushi nodded sideways, "Nahin Di.. I already eat at home!"

"Khushi bitiya you will have to eat otherwise Chote will be angry with us.. When he is with you, you always eat something, and now today you're with us and don't want to eat? He will never let you be with us then!" Nani pouted.

Arnav nodded his head staring at Khushi, signaling to her that he will really be angry if she doesn't eat. Khushi smiled a little, she pointed to jalebi on the plate and Anjali happily served her.

Lavanya gritted her teeth seeing everyone pampering Khushi.
**************************************************************
At living room:
"All of them are so beautiful.. thank you so much!" Khushi smiled brightly receiving the gifts from the family members.

"Did you really like it Khushi bitiya or just saying this to make us feel happy?" Nani asked.

"No, I really loved it Nani.." Khushi said and stood up, she took blessings from Nani, Mami, Mama and Raj, who happily blessed her. But when she went to Ratna, Ratna looked away frowning, "No need to take my blessings because I didn't bought any gift for you!"

Raj sighed angrily, "Ratna she's a kid! Don't be so heartless towards her.. What's the harm in blessing her?"

"If I bless her means I accept her as my Chote's wife, which isn't true.. I don't want KHUSHI as ARNAV'S WIFE.. Am I clear now? I've always wanted LAVANYA to be HIS WIFE..." shouted Ratna as she stood up angrily.

Khushi's eyes brimmed with tears, she clutched her duppata.

Lavanya smirked, she went behind Ratna and patted her back, "It's okay Ma.. don't stress yourself because of me.. so what if all I have done in these years is love him unconditionally and he doesn't even acknowledge my love for him, it's only my problem, I will suffer alone Ma.. I will cry alone.. I will be alone all my life.. but please Ma, at least you smile, I can't see you like this.. I can't handle to know that I'm the reason you're fighting with your family.. please don't do this.. please be happy with your family.. I will still survive!"

"What the.. stop your overacting Miss Kashyap!" Arnav rolled his eyes, "I've seen better actress than you!"

"Lavanya bitiya don't cry and I will never be happy knowing that I spoiled your life, I gave you false hopes, I thought I would convince Chote to marry you but I didn't know that Khushi's magic would be so powerful that my son would disobey me for her.." Ratna said.

Anjali shook her head in disbelief, "Ma what are you saying? Chote loves Khushi and so does she.. Why are you forcing him to get married to Lavanya when he doesn't want?"

"Anjali shut up! No one asked you to say anything!" Ratna glared at her, then turned to Arnav, "And if Lavanya is overacting then what is Khushi doing? She keeps crying and faking innocence everytime to gain everyone's sympathy.. even I for a while fell on her trap but luckily Dolly and Lavanya bitiya opened my eyes.."