Chapter 9 - Beautiful and innocent!

"We finished!" shouted an happy Raj with a victory smile.

"We also finished.." Ratna said smirking.

"We're winners Ma unlike your team.." Arnav smirked side hugging his father.

"Don't show us your so called attitude okay, we can also be winners!" Anjali hugged her mother from behind smiling.

"We're not showing attitude, we know we are the best!" said Raj smirking with Arnav.

"I want to see your best when you don't have me to help you with the breakfast, to choose your clothes, to iron it, your tiffin.. don't forget all that!" said Ratna crossing her arms.

Raj bit his tongue embarrassed, then Anjali and Arnav laughed at them.

Khushi smiled watching them, they're such a perfect family and the situation and atmosphere of this family is very different from hers. The fights are so cute, while in her family they're ugly ones, one is their financial situation, then her studies, then Garima and Buaji don't get along well, then her parents hate her. Everything is complicated for her.

"Let's see then who's the real winner.." said Lavanya interfering in the between them.

She stood hugging Ratna with Anjali. Ratna caressed both, Anjali and Lavanya's cheeks smiling.

"I don't know how Ma handle this girl.. God, If I was in her place I would have kicked Lazybones away from me.." thought Arnav, irritated with Lavanya's overacting, it seems no one notices her overacting other than him, why does he only feel irritated with her presence, while others behave normally? How can they handle a person like her? He thought.

"I'm so excited to know who's the winner.. also to see if you boys could do it well!" whispered Khushi to NK, with her eyes twinkling in happiness.

"Of course, we are winners only because of you Jalebi.. you taught us how to cook perfectly!" said NK smiling.

"Haan! Now I know what to cook when I'm hungry and HP is busy!" said Akash smiling, then glared at HP standing beside him.

HP pouted, "But Akash bhaiya you only feel hungry at 2 am when I'm sleeping already.."

NK, Khushi and Akash laughed silently staring at HP who was making faces. It's Akash daily routine to eat HP's brain and irritate him.

Arnav watched them feeling jealous that Khushi is laughing with them and talking openly, while with him she's always shy and silent. Even though today he managed to make her talk with him, but after sometime she would go back to her normal.

They called few servants to taste the food and choose what they thought it was best. After discussing among themselves, they decided the winner and looked at the family anxiously waiting for the answer.

"We like this one!" they pointed to Khushi's team dishes.

The boys shouted in victory, while Nani and Mami hi-five. And Khushi was standing from far watching them with a smile on her face.

Arnav stare at her smiling faintly, to which she reciprocated with a shy smile.

Lavanya sat on the chair upset that she lost; now how would she look at Arnav's face. While Shyam and Aman were consoling their wives, and Ratna was smiling watching the relationship both Arnav and Raj share, they were always like this, friends and she loves to see them in this way. Her family means her life, if they're happy then she would be, that's why she didn't feel upset that she lost.
************************************************************
At night..
Khushi stood worriedly in the gate, thinking it was late in night and she won't find any rickshaw this time to take her home.