Chapter 23 - Worried!

It was afternoon, and they went for a walk. Akash, NK and Khushi were chatting, while Lavanya was trying to have a conversation with Arnav, who was completely ignoring her.

"ASR.." she called him again, when Akash pulled her back angrily, "Lavanya bhai is not in his best moods today.. Don't pester him anymore; otherwise I don't know what he will do to you!"

Lavanya pouted, "It's only because of this Chamkili.. What did you do to him in that meeting that he returned like this? He's not talking with anyone, poor my ASR.. Don't know why is he so sad, I'm sure this cunning girl did something.."

"Lavanya mind your language when you talk about Jalebi!" NK glare angrily at her.

Khushi was now feeling guilty, is it because of her that his mood is off like this. She stares at him walking alone, not even caring for them.
*************************************************************
They reached home at night time, and after having dinner everyone went on to do their own things.

Arnav grabbed his car keys and was leaving again. Khushi went behind him running, "Sir where are you going?"

Arnav raised his one eyebrow perfectly.

"I mean.. it's too late now for you to go outside and it's not safe also.. I also talk with HP ji and he said that they're many thieves around in night.. he said to be careful.." Khushi said clutching her dress.

"Why do you even care about all this?" he asked in no nonsense tone.

"Kyun ki baat aapki hai, farak padta hai.." she said with moist eyes.

"I will come back soon.." he said and left from there. Khushi was hurt with his behavior; he talked so cold with her. She went running to her room crying.
**********************************************************
Arnav got in his car smiling, "At least you care about me!" he thought.

He took her phone that was lying on her seat, she forgot it in his car and that's the reason why he came back to take it, and she thought he was going somewhere.

Her phone started ringing, he looked at the caller ID and smirked picking it up, "Namaste uncle!"

"Arnav bitwa app.." Shashi said surprised that he picked up Khushi's call.

"Uncle Khushi's with me na, so it's obviously me!" Arnav smiled, "How are you uncle?"

"Haan bitwa.. we are not well at all, you don't even imagine what happened with us.." Shashi cried.

"What uncle? Is everything alright?" Arnav asked making his voice sound worried; when he was smirking as he already know what Shashi is going to tell him.

"Nahin bitwa, that day we went to Mandir for your puja then slept in your mansion, our house got robbed.. they stole everything in my room!" Shashi cried.

"Oh my God! What are you saying uncle?" Arnav acted like shocked, "Did you inform police about it?"

"Haan I did.." Shashi nodded crying, "We are destroyed Arnav bitwa, they took all my money!"

"It's only money you care about!" thought Arnav disgusted, then said, "Don't worry uncle, everything is going to be fine.."

"Thank you bitwa.." Shashi said, then thought frowning, "Couldn't he offer some money to help me?"

"Can you pass the phone to Khushi bitiya?" he asked.

"You want to inform her about this uncle? Don't worry, I will inform her about it.." Arnav said controlling his laugh.

"Nahin bitwa, don't take trouble.. I will say to her only, just pass the phone to her.." Shashi said a bit irritated.

"Hello.. uncle.. Hello.. I can't hear you uncle.." Arnav said pressing his lips to suppress the smile on his face, " Hello? I will hang up uncle.. I can't hear you.. " he cut the call smirking.