The Incurable

A few weeks later, the night of your debut is close. You got re-acquainted with some of your friends while others just joined in to get a first look at you outside of the ring. Not many people know what's going on in your private life, but you owe that to yourself, keeping work and privacy seperated from each other. Professionalism is important to you in a way, but you also like to give a few teasers to whatever is to come. Right now you're in your ring gear, reading through the script of your promo and how the match you'll have is planned to go. The choice of words is a bit weird to you since every other promo you did was written by yourself. Creative teams of other promotions never had a problem with it, but WWE is keeping it way more family friendly for quite some years. Tragedies have occured that shook the wrestling world all around. Then again, now isn't the time to dwell in the past, it's better to focus on now. You're the newest superstar NXT has at the moment and tonight, it counts to make an impact. Just as you're about to get into character, you hear footsteps coming your way. It could be anybody looking for you, but the person reveals themselves to be Danny Burch, your opponent for the evening. He sizes you up for a moment before smiling.

Danny:" Hey, you're Y/N L/N, right?"

Y/N:" The only one. I just had a quick look at the script of tonight and saw that you are my opponent this time."

Danny:" Yup, I am. It's great to see new talent coming in from everywhere around the world. You seem to fit right in with this brand. Welcome to NXT, my friend."

Y/N:" Thank you, Mr Burch. I hope you'll have as much fun as I will have in our match."

The man chuckles and you two shake hands before seperating. Danny is heading his own way while you warm up for later. This sport is really taking a toll on your body and mind after all. You also checked your social media before and saw that Ricochet and Kassius Ohno have posted, tweeted and shared instagram stories about how tonight will change NXT forever. A quiet chuckle escapes your throat as you walk around the backstage area, seeing normal employees, camera men, interviewers, make-up artists and stuff like that. It's like a totally different world compared to Japan or all the shows with Ring Of Honor. Of course it's strange to get used to the new environment. Not knowing the layout of the arena yet, you ask random people for directions to different areas when suddenly you hear something crash to the floor. A few feet away from you is Taynara with a broken glass at her feet. She looks annoyed and is about to clean it up herself when you make your way over and start to pick up the pieces. You can't just stand by and let things like that go down. When Taynara returns, she sees you with the glass shards in your hand.

Y/N:" Hey there. I thought you could use some help, cleaning up this mess."

Taynara:" Oh, umm...yeah, thank you."

Y/N:" Why did you drop the glass though? Was it slippery or did someone hit it out of your hands?"

Taynara:" Ugh, Vanessa Borne happened. She's such a cadela if you know what I mean."

Y/N:" I see. So she starts trouble back here, right?"

Taynara:" Sometimes. And it's soooo annoying. She always picks on others just to get her way. I just can't wait to get my hands on her....So how was your day so far?"