The Great American Nightmare

Today is the last NXT episode before Takeover XXV. The card actually fits a great selection of matches and you're incredibly excited for it. Knowing that your Cage Match is third on the card, your mind already plots a lot of cray, wicked things. Steel has never been a good friend of human flesh and so this fight will really push you to your limits. A twisted smile creeps onto your face as you prepare yourself mentally when suddenly some guy from the creative team walks up to you. He holds a clipboard in front of his chest as he looks at you.

Y/N:" Hey there. Anything new?"

Creative:" Yes, there has been a change of plans for you. Your opponent, Cezar Bononi, unfortunately has damaged his gear too much. Therefore your match against him is cancelled."

Y/N:" Alright, then what's on the agenda now?"

Creative:" Mike Rome will sit down for an interview with you. He will ask a few questions about your character, about the past of it and what will happen once its innitial core is gone. After that, you have some freedom to do what comes to mind, so go all the way if you want. Hunter said that that's all he can give you at the moment."

Y/N:" Oh...Thanks for the info. I expected a different punishment for...you know."

Creative:" I know, but I understand why you did the things you did. If you need anything, ask me or anyone else for help."

Y/N:" I will. Thanks for telling me, buddy."

You both smile and wave each other off as you pace around backstage. An in-depth interview about your gimmick will set off a lot of sparks for the writers as the fans will go nuts tonight. It feels good to be in this mood right now and Taynara has helped greatly as well. Some days, you two snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie, other days you both exercise together. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is fun as well since she's your trainer and you incorporate meditation into your routine to balance yourself after a stressful day. People have asked about how it's going for you two and you can only smile when you think about it. The last few weeks have made up for a lot of pain in your life, knowing Taynara isn't someone to hurt you or your feelings. It's still ridiculious how your gimmick came to be. After lots and lots of horror movies, Rob Zombie interviews and studying other wrestlers like Undertaker, Kane, Jake Roberts, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose and others, you had a really good grasp at what you wanted to be in front of a camera. And it still doesn't fall flat on its face as your popularity has gone up a lot. People watch your segments, dive deeper into your beginnings and try to figure out who you are. When you see people coming up with responses to your tweets, you respond with a short video message for many of them. Vincent Marseglia, a wrestler from Ring Of Honor, has shown interest in having a conversation with you at some point. Of course this would drive Mr. McMahon crazy, but this chat could be about anything. From wrestling to music and off to horror movies. It's great to see a vast variety of people diving into their darker selfs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, you're sitting on a chair in the middle of a room. Red light all around you since you personally requested it and a few seconds later Mike Rome and a camera man enter, focussing on you. Mike is a nice man most of the time and compared to you, he is a bit more cleanly shaven and his haircut is way shorter. But you pay that no mind at all as Mike takes a seat across from you. The camera guy is just a few inches behind him when you finally move and uncross your arms.