NXT Takeover Toronto Part 2

Earlier that night
--------------------------

Taynara's match was the third on the card,  so she still had some time to prepare herself. Ever since the event came closer, she was getting slightly more nervous. Of course this was going to be a highlight in her career,  but Shayna has proven to be a tough opponent. So beating her wasn't gonna be easy. Tay was stretching, breathing and calming herself down the whole time until it was time for her to go out there and prove to the world that she could overcome the odds.

The arena was completely quiet,  the fans waiting in anticipation as one of their favorites finally made her way out. The ramp was packed with people left and right as Taynara stepped into view. She was happy, but also very determined at the same time. Giving up? That's not in her vocabulary. No, Tay has fought way too hard to get so far and there is No damn chance she would back out. She walked down the ramp, fist bumping everyone until she arrived at the ring. Her steps were hard and heavy,  so there was no joking around. Her blond hair was kept out of her face as she waited in the corner while Shayna made her way in. The former MMA fighter didn't show any concern about losing her title, a thing she would later regret. But she was soon joined by Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, finalizing the threatening team. A smirk came to Shayna's face when she stepped out from behind the curtain. This wasn't going to be a wrestling match, this was going to be a brawl. Tay and Shayna eyed each other over the short distance they had between each other. None of them took any crap from the other, until the referee for this match made clear that Marina and Jessamyn had been banned from ringside. Did that sit well with Shayna? Not at all. She caused an argument with the ref who of course retorted back and told her to accept that decision. Taynara chuckled at that display while staying in her corner as Shayna huffed in anger and got ready.

Announcer:" This match is scheduled for one fall. And it's for the NXT Womens Championship! Introducing first, the challenger: from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Taynara Conti!"

Hearing herself being announced like that was a great experience as Taynara climbed up the turnbuckle and let the fans cheer her on. She loved that feeling and wanted to cherish it. Getting back down, her expression grew way more serious.

Announcer:" And introducing the reigning NXT Womens Champion: from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Shayna Baszler!"

One thing that clearly wasn't missing was confidence. Shayna just overflowed with it as she showed the fans why she's better than them. She didn't really give a damn about the crowd as the two of them got another look at the title itself, but when the bell rung all hell broke loose. The two women didn't go for grappling,  they immediatly hit each other with fists, forearms, elbows and everything in between. Neither Tay, nor Shayna was giving in, but they each took a step back only to go at it again. This time they tried to overpower each other in all ways anyone could think of. It wasn't pretty at all when Shayna had the upper hand and slammed Taynara onto the matt with a Back Suplex. Her everlasting smirk was growing again and she made her way towards her opponent, only to be hit with a fierce Elbow to the jaw. Even in this very early stage, the match has topped anything else. Their fires were burning intensely as they wrestled. Unfortunately they didn't have much time on their hands, but the time they had was well spent with the two of them sitting in opposite corners. Taynara was now the smirking one, because when Shayna came charging in, she tripped the bigger woman, making her drop face first into the middle turnbuckle. But that didn't stop the latina from going on. No, she was close behind Shayna and pressed her knee against her neck, cutting off the oxygen. The ref was counting which prompted Tay to let go and enjoy the short moment of freedom. She stepped into the middle of the ring and spread her arms, letting everyone bask in her glory. Then again,  there wasn't much time wasted as Tay continued to assault Shayna, taking a page out of her book by going into a fullmount position and relentlessly hammering away on Shayna's head. The people who didn't believe in this adorable girl were shown a more aggressive side as the match progressed. It was hard for Tay to stop, but after some really punishing strikes, she stood up again and watched as Shayna was trying to register where exactly she was. And what she saw angered her even more as Tay was taunting her. This caused Shayna to get herself together and get back into the fight. She walked up right behind Taynara and planted her on the matt with a Full Nelson Slam, turning the tables. Because this time, she was dishing out punishment as she stepped in Taynara's arms, legs and almost on her head, but she had a different idea. So Shayna pulled Tay up again and hit her left, right and center. She loved playing with her opponents because that wears them down even easier. And she didn't stop there, she lifted Taynara's head from the canvas and kneed her repeatedly,  obviously preparing for either a Knock-out or a Submission win.