Chapter 4: Serve

Your eyes widened.
"Why are you doing this to me?" You asked.

"I'm sorry, it's the rule. You can never leave once you've set foot in this empire. This bracelet will make sure you can't. If you attempt to leave, you will lose the ability to swim in the water and it'll make sure you'll never reach the surface. Plus, it'll alert Master Jeon as well." She said.

"W-What?" You blinked non-stop trying to process what she was saying.

"In short terms....

....you can never leave this place, ever again."

||

"I mean even without this bracelet, I still can't escape." You let out a sad chuckle.

Jess stared at you for awhile as you are lost in your deep thoughts.

"Anyways, the rules are simple here, you need to make sure you're in favor with every Masters and you shall never enter Master Jeon's bedroom. Why? You'll get killed."

"Yikes, okay got it."

"You'll start serving in three days so you can go to rest now."

|
|

A few days had passed and it was what felt like forever. You had been resting all day and did nothing. You only went to the castle's garden and visited the waterfall of your bedroom's balcony. You can't go anywhere too far and you felt really isolated. You tried to push all the bad thoughts away as you tried to use as much physical energy as possible, which was dancing ballet. You had always love ballet ever since you could remember. At least it helped you kill time a bit.

You were actually glad that it was time for your serving so at least you got to do something.

||

"Now lets start with simple tasks like bringing drinks to his Majesty. He loves wine but he drinks it with ice. You have to always remember that."

"Okay."

You then went to the kitchen with Jess to prepare some wine and grapes along the way.

|
|

You arrived at his workroom. You then knocked the door.

You heard nothing so you knocked again, and again, and again.

The door then immediately opened and you were pulled by a force towards the front of the desk, facing him on the other side. Just as the tray of wine and crackers was about to fall, it froze and flew right back on the tray then landed on his desk.

"You shall never knock my door more than once even if you didn't hear a sound!" He said angrily.

"Did Jess not tell you this?" His eyes burned with flames as he looked directly into yours.

"S-She did but I forgot. I thought you were sleeping."

You couldn't bring yourself to tell the truth because you knew Jess would get in trouble.

"Way to go, now you shall receive a punishment."

You gulped.