Chapter 28: Confession

"Jungkook, I needed to tell you something."

He then broke the hug and stared at you for awhile, trying to read your mind but you never think to begin with. You were sure of what you wanted to do. You didn't need to think to know what you need to do. It's your responsibility to tell him the truth.

"It can wait. Let's take it easy, you just woke up." He held you right arm wanting to bring you somewhere.

"No, I need to tell you the truth."

He stayed silent for awhile then decided to talk.
"That you're a royal? I already knew that, it's fine. You didn't know it yourself either. Your father must've just told you—"

"That's not it. Do you really not recognize my father?" You turned around and faced your dad.

"He was so young at the time, I don't think he would remember my face. He had only seen me a few times." Your dad said.

"D-Do I know you?" Jungkook stuttered.

"Jungkook..." you held both of his hands and took a deep breath before letting it all out.

"I'm a Royal...."

"........of the Ponistor Kingdom."

|
|

His gaze never left yours. He didn't move or said a word. He was lowkey hoping that it was just a joke. He was waiting for you to say "sike" and laughed out loud and that you got him.

But you didn't.

Your eyes started getting teary and that was when he knew you were actually serious. He couldn't bring himself to believe what you just told him, neither to believe that you are a part of his biggest enemy's empire. The enemy that ruined his and his brothers' entire life. The reason why his brother Namjoon died, the reason why he had to give up the beautiful sky and had to stuck with an ocean view every single day, the reason why people in his kingdom died constantly and possibly the reason why his mother could never return or find her way back was all because of that enemy who appeared to be your uncle.
Your evil uncle.

Your uncle that killed your mother and your grandparents. Your uncle that tortured your dad. Your greedy, self-absorbed uncle who you never wanted to be blood related to. But you couldn't change anything, you didn't have the power to. All you could do is to accept the truth. You didn't like it one bit but you had prepared yourself the moment you found out your identity. If you and him are meant to be, then you will for sure be with him no matter what. You allowed yourself to go with fate.

"I need time to absorb all of this." He said in a husky voice.

You nodded as he then walked out of your room. You didn't follow him, you allowed him to leave because you thought that you won't be able to make things better anyways.

Tears started dropping as you soon found yourself crying on the floor. He just left but you missed him already. You felt like a part of you is missing. A part of your happiness is leaving you.  It's going further and further away and you couldn't do anything to stop it from leaving. You felt helpless and hopeless.