Chapter 14: Sick

"Y-Y/N.... please don't tell me they took you away, no...." he then dropped himself the ground, bending his head downward.

You couldn't help but to laugh at his state. He then immediately heard your laugh and flew right to you. His hands grabbed both of your shoulders a little too tight as you continued laughing.

"You should've seen your face." Your eyes were slowly beginning to open.

You then was shocked by what you saw on his face. Your eyes widened as you immediately grabbed his face.

"J-Jungkook....I—"

He just stared at you as his chest was breathing heavily.

His face....

....there were tears on it.

||

"W-Why are you crying? I'm here now. Please stop crying, I'm so sorry..." you started to feel bad that your joke had now turned serious.

"Don't ever do that again. Do you have any idea how worried I was??" He raised his voice.

"I-I...I only wanted to fool around, I didn't mean to hurt you in any ways..." you then leaned in towards his body and wrapped yourself around him. His head laid on your shoulder as you patted his back.

His arms then locked around your body as he hugged you even tighter.

You sighed.

"If one day, I disappear from this world, will you look for me?"

He stayed silence as you bit your lips, slightly disappointed with his reaction.

You then helped him up and held his hand.
"Let's go." You smiled at him as he now had stopped crying.

|
|

You arrived at his room as you quickly cleaned yourself. You then put on a loose pair of pajamas.

You walked out of the bathroom and saw Jungkook was trying hard to draw a person.

You walked closer, trying to figure out who he was drawing but he quickly hid his drawing as he found out you were nearby.

"Y-Y/N, what are you doing here?"

"Ahh, I was just checking on you. Are you feeling any better?"

He bit his lips.

"I'm sorry you have to see that."

You tilted your head in confusion.

"See what?"

"My weak, pathetic state."

Your chest tightened as you heard what he said.

"Jungkook...just because you're a guy, doesn't mean you always have to be strong. You can cry, you can be sad, you can be weak. You don't have to be strong all the time."

"I'm not just a guy, I'm the king. I shouldn't be weak. How will I be able to protect my empire if the king himself is weak?"

"I don't care and I don't give a fuck. Just because you're a king, doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel or to express yourself. If everyone is against you having emotions then I'll be the one by your side. I want you to express yourself more, that way I can understand you and so will your citizens. Only that way the empire can be stronger than it already is."

He looked away. His lips that were arching upward were then forced to frown downward. He failed to do so, so he looked like he was holding a smile.