Chapter 36: Mom

"Mom?" You and Jungkook both said at the same time.

Your eyes widened as you turned around to look at Jungkook's shocked face.

"She's YOUR mom??" You both continued to say the phrase at the same time.

||

*Flashback to Chapter 12: Ocean Park*

"So what was your mother like?" He asked.

You bit your lips as you tried to think.

"She really likes swimming and yoga, a little too much sometimes." You chuckled.

"Oh my god, I thought my mom was the only one." He laughed.

*End of flashback*

||

"Jungkook, Hoseok, it's been so long." Your mother said as she rushed toward him, wanting to give Jungkook in a hug.

Jungkook turned away, rejecting his mother's hug. "I don't know you." He said as he quickly ran away, with Hoseok following him from behind.

You tried to follow him too but your mother pulled you back.
"What's going on in here? How do you know Jungkook? Is this place where you were at, the entire time? Atlantis?"

"I'm supposed to be the one asking you the question. What's going on? You're Jungkook's mom?"

She nodded her head as he then sighed.
"After...cheating on Jungkook's father, I felt ashamed and left the kingdom. I decided to marry your father but he turns out to be really abusive. I regretted it so much. I shouldn't have done that. I don't know how I could ever face Mandara."

"Don't worry, you won't have to face him ever again." You said, tears forming in your eyes.

"What do you mean?" She looked at you as her hands grabbed your arms.

"Because of you, King Mandara died." Tears started rolling down along your cheeks.

"He can't be, he's a Royal. Royals can never die unless...." Your mother bit her lips.

"Heartbroken was his weakness. You're such a  selfish person." You raised your voice out of frustration and left the room.

Your mother felt weak. Her knees were slowly giving up on her as she dropped herself and kneeled down.
"I'm so sorry." She cried out by herself.

|
|

"Jungkook, I—" You stopped talking as you noticed Jungkook standing on the balcony with Hoseok patting his back from behind, trying to calm him down. You decided to eavesdrop a little bit before joining in.

"I couldn't care less about our nonexistent mother. Y/N...we— How will we go from here?" Jungkook sighed.

"Our so called 'mother' is Y/N's foster mom. They're not related. We removed the 'mother' title from her the moment she cheated on father. You guys had never live or grow up with each other to begin with. Because if you do and you fall in love, that's kind of weird since an adopted sibling is still a sibling, but all of this happened without any of you knowing. You guys had never met. She started a new family and adopted her. I think it's fine. You just needed time to process things." Hoseok said as he turned around and noticed you standing on the other side.