03 | chapter three

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

'I wish they'd just shut up.'

I show Hazel what I wrote in my journal and she gives me a sympathetic smile while nodding in agreement. She hands me a bandage that I use to wrap around my finger. She offered to do it for me but then remembered how I have touching issues and handed it to me instead.

"It's not my business but what did happen?" She asks me as she leans back against Hunter, her mate.

He's gingerly running his fingers through her curly locks, whenever he runs into a tangle he meticulously combs through it so that he doesn't hurt her. He treats her like she's his prize possession and adores her in ways people could only wish their mate and lover would.

They are truly that couple you always envy but couldn't hate because they limited PDA, were respectful of others, and were kind to everyone. I couldn't even hate Hunter when Hazel started spending more time with him because he's such a gentleman about it. I wanted to hate him, truly I did but there are just some people who you want to hate but hating them just made you a horrible person.

I turn to a clean sheet of paper and begin to write my long response to her question and I inform her about everything. I didn't tend to keep things from Hazel because there wasn't a need to, she's understanding and gets me. She's amazing, it just sucks that her other siblings are annoying and not my type of people. They share similar features and look quite identical as they were quadruplets but they were all so different at the same time.

'I didn't see the beginning but I did see Gnashton smash Weston's face into the desk repeatedly until he became unconscious.'

When I show Hazel what I wrote, she gasps and leaps off of Hunter but winces as Hunter accidentally pulled her hair due to Hazel's quick movements.

"Babe, are you okay? I'm so sorry." Hunter apologizes immediately.

Hazel turns around to look at Hunter and smiles with a nod. She touches the side of his face gently and presses a soft kiss onto his lips that Hunter welcomes instantly.

I gag silently and turn away. My eyes shift to the cafeteria filled with students until my eyes land on Caspian who sits on top of a circular table with people gathered around him. His body is expressive and it looks like he's telling a story of some sort so I conjure up that he's probably telling an overdramatized version of what really happened with Gnashton.

Caspian loves playing with his fate which meant he was the head of the gossip that went around the school. Everything came from his end in a version unlike how the situation or the story he told actually happened. I could only imagine how he was turning things around but he especially fueled rumors and gossip about Gnashton and it was so hard to understand why.