27 | chapter twenty-seven

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

              One. I'm shook that he's here right now in front of me. The last time I saw Nash, he told me he was going for a run out in the forest even though Elijah told us specifically to avoid roaming the forest. He was in a slightly bad mood but when I asked him about it, he remained quiet and that's when I knew I had to give him space because I knew very well that his silence was better them an outburst that would potentially hurt my feelings.

Knowing that, I let him be and told him I'd be at the mall with Hazel. He turned around, prepared to leave but he turned back and came up to me and with reverence, he pressed his lips firmly onto my forehead and I hear his deep intake of breath. A smile danced across my lips, happy that despite his bad mood he still couldn't resist displaying his affection for me. I thought our parting ended on a good note.

Two. The look on his face scares me but at the same time it makes me more confused than anything. I mean he appears out of nowhere and suddenly comes here out of the blue as if he sensed that this was going to happen but we haven't completed the mating process so there was no way that that was possible by any means at all.

His nose flares, his eyes deep black with only malice as he burns direct holes into Aaron who trembles in his spot. His head is ducked, fear laced in his expression. He's human so the way Nash was intimidating him made him shrink as if he was nothing but a scum that wasn't worthy to even be in his presence.

Nash clenched his fist tightly and I saw the debate battling and swirling within him on whether or not to beat his face in. He decided on it as he approached with his teeth bared in retaliation to the minor exchange between Aaron and I.

That's when I moved into action as I became heavily irritated. I grip onto Nash's arms as tight as I can even thought I'm way weaker in comparison to him. Nash doesn't stop moving until I forcefully grip his chin and force him the best I can to look down at me. I scratch him a bit on accident and I feel bad about it inside but Nash doesn't flinch at all as his dark eyes stare down at me, urging for me to release him but I glare at him.

He wanted me to back down, to submit to him and although I felt like I'd always submit to him in bed, I'd never back down when it came to how I felt. He has Alpha blood running through him so it's in his genetics to be dominant, authoritative and stern in his ways especially mixed with his past but I wouldn't allow him to use that to make me bend to his every whim.

He's never tried to control me before and even now he wasn't but I'm going to set a precedent today that I'm not the one. This courage that ran through me came so suddenly but it was paired with Nate who didn't like the way Nash's Wolf, Gage, was staring us down with a look that told us we needed to submit because he was Alpha. Of course his Wolf was going to be like that and I knew that but that didn't stop me from what I did next.