14 | chapter fourteen

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

I reach up and grasp a soft grey pillow that matches the bedding of the queen sized mattress and clutch it tightly to me, laying on my side now as I look at the wall. Gnashton definitely hates me now. I ran away from him like an idiot even though he told me not to. He's going to be angry with me, hate me, want completely nothing to do with me If he doesn't already.

I'm such a shitshow. My eyes catch Elliot as he walks to the other side of the room where there's a lounge with two square shaped chairs and a rustic brown coffee table. A sketchbook lays on top as decor I assume, beside it is a jar with markers inside and gel pens. Elliot picks up the book and a black gel pen, my favorite type of pen. He knew me so well. I watch Elliot as he comes back to the bed where I stay laying in my fetal position and he drops the items beside me.

"You wanna tell me why you were running?" He asks me while his hands run over the silk mattress, "this is amazing quality, like holy cow."

I would've laughed if I could but instead I nod in agreement but don't answer his question. He stops fingering the fabric and stares at me before smiling and laying down as well so his face is directly in front of mine, the only thing separating us is the sketchbook and gel pen but also Elliot's understanding that I need space.

"You wanna know how Elijah and I met?" He asks me, his voice a small whisper as if it was a secret.

I didn't really want to know but I had a feeling he was going to tell me anyways, plus I wanted to be polite so I nodded. He chuckled, as if knowing what I was thinking.

"Well," He begins, his eyes drifting while a reminiscent smile comes onto his face, "I remember running down a hall and I almost got beat up by this big dude, he was so big Nik, I nearly peed my pants."

The story intrigued me so I sat on my elbows and pulled the sketchbook to me and grabbed the black gel pen to write something down.

Why was he trying to beat you up?

Elliot laughs, "he had this brat of a son who I ran into and I did my best to calm him down, I really did but he continues to cry and purposely cried louder when his father came. His dad was angry instantly and he lifted me up from the ground and was so close to punching me straight in the face."

I swallowed, wincing in understanding.

Did he miss?

"He never got to punch me," Elliot smiles and I look at him in confusion, "Elijah came up and grabbed his fist and ripped him off of him, mind you the guy who was about to punch me is a big dude too but geez, Elijah was bigger and I was so small. Elijah was my hero. He shoved the guy away and twisted his arm and threatened him, I remember it so clearly."