39 | chapter thrity-nine

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

              These people that once appeared so scary and frightening to me are my parents. To me, they appeared nothing more than elderly people seeking revenge for a knitting failure and that shocked me to no end. The amount of courage and power that ran through seeing my parents in this state made me feel no longer inferior to them, I was calmer than I had ever imagined I'd be standing in front of them as I am in this moment.

Though they still seem to possess enough strength and power to launch Marcus across the room, they don't have the power to keep a man like Marcus down for a long period of time as Marcus bounces off the wall almost like a spider and lands straight on his feet with the reflexes of an alert, mighty, and healthy wolf. Everyone in the room faces my parents without the need to call for backup considering how there are only two wolves to fight against.

"Leave now and your lives may be spared," Elijah booms as he glares hatefully at the two.

"We are not leaving without our son," the man that calls himself my father scowls at Elijah as he extends his hands out and allows for his fingernails to extend slowly into claws.

"We will fight you all and win victoriously with your blood splattered in your very home if you dare stop us from taking our son," the woman who calls herself my mother growls out, and allows her canines to fill her mouth.

"I didn't know these people were also comedians," Aiden begins to laugh and I can tell that that strikes a nerve in my father as he still values that foolish pride of his, and starts to move forward with his eyes narrowed and canines popping out of his mouth to say their hello's.

Elijah does not hesitate one bit in rushing over to the man and clutching his firm hand around his neck with ease and in a blink of an eye. My father did not expect it from the way he struggles in his grip and trashes about like a fish taken from the water with the inability to breath. If Elijah wanted, he could easily flick his wrist and end my fathers life and I would be able to see the life slowly leave those blinding blue eyes of his.

The man glances at me and it's like he's telling me to help him, to save him. I did nothing. The woman shrieks and claws away at Elijah's hand with her claw like nails and I watch as Elijah growls in her face, and that's enough for her to tumble backwards like a cub being scolded by a lion.

The man chokes and I take a step forward. Elijah snaps his head to look at me and the rage in his eyes immediately disappears like it was never there to begin with. Elijah loosens his grip as I take more steps further. One by one, everyone around me begins to move out of my way like how Jesus parted the red sea.