21 | chapter twenty-one

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

Nash wraps his arms around my waist and slides me closer to him, keeping his strong arms around me. I can see the veins on his arms, his biceps flexing just slightly.

I can see Caspian rolling his eyes in his seat as his eyes go back to his phone to do whatever he was originally doing. Usually, I'd shrink back and self consciously avert my eyes but in Nash's arms where I felt completely safe, the only thing I can do is fold myself into his gentle hold, ignoring Caspian entirely.

"We need to talk about last night," Elijah says, sitting up with a serious face, "since someone thinks it's okay to not obey rules, your curfew is now seven o clock."

Caspian rips his eyes off his phone as his eyes widen and he sits up immediately while Nash continues to nonchalantly sit in his seat like what Elijah had said went in one ear and out the other. The new curfew affected the movies nights I had with Hazel but I guess we'd just have to have them on the weekends now when we didn't have school so there would be time for us to have them. Caspian looked like his life was over.

"Seven?!" Caspian echos Elijah's words, "wha—why? We all followed the rules."

"Gnashton came home at three am last night," Elijah's eyes burn holes into Nash.

Nash shrugs and Caspian scowls at him.

"Its cute how you think that making the curfew at seven will actually make me come home at seven," Nash scoffs mixed with a snicker as his eyes roll.

Elijah clenches his fist and I grip the edge of Nash's shirt with my fingers, silently begging him to not start anything but Nash just tested Elijah's authority, something that's extremely big with werewolves that have Alpha blood running through their veins.

"If you don't want to abide by what I say your ass can stay outside," Elijah glares at Nash.

"Dear, no," Elliot interjects with the shake of his head.

"Gnashton doesn't listen to anyone," Caspian says under his breath, "why is he even in this house."

"Caspian, do not add fuel to this fire," Elliot snaps his head to give Caspian a look and he huffs, falling back into his seat with the cross of his hands.

"He's right, Gnashton listens to no one. If you want to act like this then go find another home," Elijah seethes out in anger.

"Take me in just to throw me out," Nash nods his head before his lips curl into a snarl, "typical. I wasn't wanted to begin with."