26 | chapter twenty-six

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

When I think back to my life decisions, I happen to really regret a lot of them if I'm being honest with myself. I regret ever tasting Moon Pies because now I'm absolutely without a doubt in love with them, they're a blessing but also a curse because they taste so damn good but I feel like they're making me fat.

I mean, I haven't seen anything get bigger even though I needed more leg meat but I felt it on my insides that I was gaining weight if that made any sense. I could also say that I regret telling Nash my tickle spot because now whenever he comes near me, he starts to tickle my sides and I release the ugliest sounds.

I'm laughing but it sounds like a seal is dying so it confuses a lot of people. I half expected Nash to be disgusted with my laugh but he only gave me a heart stopping smile that made me feel fuzzy inside, the feelings of true euphoria bubbling up within me without a way to stop it. Not like I wanted it to stop.

What I began to regret in this moment is my decision to go shopping with Hazel. Usually she dragged me to go shopping which was good and well but I wasn't told that Easton and Eros would be joining us. Of course, they weren't that bad of people to hand around with but I didn't really like being told one thing only to be deceived no matter how small.

I wasn't pissed off at Hazel or anything though, especially not when she told me this sob story about how Easton was cooped up lonely at home while Eros was in a corner eating Mac and cheese. They sounded like real nerds, antisocial introverts but when I put it into perspective I realize that I'm exactly the same as them. I wanted to deny it but those two were different versions of myself with alterations in personality.

Looking at them, I wanted to change but it was so much more easier to hide away and not be social because it was really a pain. Just walking around with these three without even saying anything was draining but maybe that's because I was unfit. It was one or the other but I wasn't up on my high horses desperate to find out because either option wasn't all that great.

"Urban Outfitters!" Hazel exclaims aloud happily.

She whips her head back only to see me dragging my feet to keep up with her. Easton and Eros are beside me with similar dismay, however, Eros' eyes always lit up whenever we passed by certain shops like Spencer's and that made me question a lot of things but that wasn't my business.

"C'mon guys, cheer up," she smiles enthusiastically, "I'm buying food."

Easton and I instantly straighten up, our moods lighting up with the snap of a finger. Hazel rolls her eyes playfully then turns back around and enters the store with a pep in her step. Her long curly brown hair shakes, swaying back and forth with a hypnotic rhythm.