18 | chapter eighteen

— SEXUAL CONTENT —

Niklaus Wade

"Bacon is gross," I mouth to Nash.

He quirks up a single brow, his eyes trained on my lips as he attempts to decipher what I'm trying to say to him. We've been doing this for a while now. We're in the living room because it's pretty hot in both of our rooms due to the AC conditioning system installed inside the home. It's about fifty three degrees outside so our system instantly sets to be eighty or so degrees inside even though werewolves are naturally warm blooded so we provide our own warmth naturally.

Of course I know that Elliot and Elijah installed the program because of me. While everyone in this house provided themselves with their own heat, my body didn't do the same. Elliot is an omega as well but he's still able to provided himself with warmth when need be. Me on the other hand, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get my body to regulate itself like a normal werewolf should've been able to. It's not the fact that I'm an omega because omegas can regulate their body temperature, it's the fact that I wasn't born with the tools I needed in order to be able to heat myself up when I needed to.

I got over it but while it's eighty degrees in here and I'm comfortably in a simple t shirt and shorts, the rest of the house is sweating bullets because they have the cells in their body's that generate heat on its own accord so this additional wave of unnecessary heat is only a bother to them. I felt guilty that everyone is overheating, except for Caspian because I didn't really like him so if he overheated himself, it wasn't my business. I felt bad for Nash mostly but at the same time I liked it.

It's hot in here so I watch with hypnotized eyes as beads of sweat slowly trickle down Nash's forehead, some beads have accumulated onto his neck and are dripping down past his collarbone and fall onto his chest. He's shirtless, something I can't forget to mention because his pecs are mouth dropping beautiful, his abs contracting like his biceps whenever he moves. Not to mention those tattoos, jeez I had to mention them every time because they just made him look so—so hot.

He's wearing loose shorts but they're hung low so my eyes take in the way his v line shows. I swear he's like this on purpose to get me hot and bothered and he's excelling at it because I'm shifting uncontrollably in my seat as I press my thighs firmly together while my eyes drink up the sight before me. I'm a major creep, definitely a creep so with a blush I shake my head because I probably look like such a freak ogling him like this.

When my eyes finally make their way back up to his face, he wears this shit eating grin on his face. Mischief clouds his beautiful green eyes and I know nothing good is to come from the look he's giving me. With a cocky demeanor, he turns to face me better as we're sat on the couch side by side. I bring my knees up to my chest and bury my flushed face into my knees nervously.