Part 8 - The Gig

We were ready.

Ross was positioned to the right of the stage. Adam was to the left. Matty was up the front in the middle and George was up the back behind his drum kit. Brittany and I were angled to face the left behind Matty and next to George. Brittany was wearing a black mini skirt and a black crop top, as well as black six-inch heels. I spotted Tyler in the front row, with a The 1975 shirt on and denim high waisted shorts. She screamed with the rest of the fans, grinning at me. She winked at George.

Matty had his hands resting on the mic and was looking down. All the guys were ready, smiling. I looked over at Brittany and saw her taking a deep breath. I smiled at her, she'd actually been pleasant tonight. She'd said hi to me, smiled, even said good luck before the show. I started to think she'd changed.

The fans were screaming, getting excited. I grinned. I saw a few girls were staring at Brittany and I, some smiling and some glaring. I heard a few yelling "Who's the girl?"

"Hello, we're The 1975," Matty said, smiling out at the crowd.

"We love you Matty!" They screamed.

"You might have noticed that we have two new additions to our band?" Matty said.

"Who's the girls, who's the girls," they chanted.

"This is Billie and Brittany, say hello," he said. We waved at the fans and they screamed.

"Okay, well, we're going to play some songs for you now. Are you ready?" He asked them, grinning.

The fans screamed, it was deafening. I loved it.

Then we started to sing.

We did Head.Cars.Bending first, then carried in with the whole set.

It was hard work, but it was the best work I'd ever done in my entire life. I got to do what I loved, with the best people in the world. It was enough to make me cry. I was so happy, the happiest I'd been in years. I loved this so much. I couldn't afford to lose it.

I'd noticed Brittany kept winking and smiling at a particular guy. He was a guy from the security department. He was buff, with tanned skin, and he was tall. He looked like the perfect Ken for Brittany.

About half way through the set Matty was singing Woman and the rest of us went off stage. It was just him, up on stage, with his hair up in a ponytail and his leather jacket discarded on the floor next to him. He had a smoke in his hand as he strummed the guitar in front of him.

I really needed to go to the toilet, so I found my way to the ladies' and opened the door. In front of me was Brittany pressed up against the bathroom wall, with the security guy. Her legs were wrapped around his waist and he was feeling her up. Her crop top was discarded on the bathroom sink, leaving her in only her bra. Her lipstick was smeared all over the guys cheeks and neck. he was undoing his belt...

I gasped and closed the door quickly, rushing back to the stage where Matty was still singing. Adam was sitting on a black stool off to the side of the stage and when he saw me coming out of the bathroom he asked "Hey, Billie, is Brit in there? Haven't seen her anywhere since we went off." He said. I went to say something but stopped myself. "Umm. N-no. She's not in there. Haven't seen her either. S-Sorry." I said. I won't ruin this gig. I'll tell him after, I thought. At least then he'll be able to finish the gig.

I bit my lip as Matty turned around and smiled at me as he finished the song. He came off stage for a quick second to finish his smoke and re-tune his guitar before we started to sing Girls.
I ignored the looks every ten seconds from Brittany. After Girls Brittany grabbed my arm, despite my protests, and whisper-yelled to me "Please, please, please. Do not tell Adam. Please, Billie." She pleaded. I shook my head. "You know Brittany, tonight, for a second, I thought you were actually nice. I thought you were being pleasant. But you ruined any chance in this band now that you've cheated on Adam. Nice knowing you" I said, shaking out of her grasp and going back to my mic for the last few songs.