Part 39 - Revelations

Recap:
"I - I -" she started. She was really shaken up.
"Tyler. Just tell me." I said.
"I'm pregnant." She said.
--
Whoa.
"Really?" I asked.
"Y-yes." She hiccuped.
"Are you completely sure?" I asked.
"Yes." She said quietly.
"That's great, Ty!" I yelled.
"Shh!" She shushed through the phone.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because George doesn't know yet." She said quietly.
"Oh."
"Yeah." She said. It was sinking in for her now, I could tell.
"Well - you do need to tell him. It is his, right?"
"Of course it's his!"
"Hey, hey. Calm down. You're going to be okay. George loves you, and he's going to be thrilled."
"I just don't know Billie." She whispered, her voice cracking.
"You're going to be okay." I said.
"Billie - I just - how - h-how - how am I supposed to t-tell him?" She sobbed, she was crying now.
"Tyler, you just need to tell him. He loves you like crazy. You're going to be okay." I said. She sniffled.
"What do I do? Just call him and say 'Hey, babe. Guess what? I'm preggers with your child!'"
"Ty. Calm down. Do you want me to do anything? Can I do anything?" Ty laughed.
"No. But I have to tell him soon. I just don't want to distract him. Know what I mean? I don't want him to freak out and be distracted at shows." She said. I nodded, not that she could see me.
"I know what you mean. I felt like that when I had to tell Adam about Brittany." I said.
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
We fell into thoughtful silence.
"When are you going to tell him?" I asked.
"Soon." She said.
"Okay. We'll call me after you do, okay?" I asked.
"Sure."
"Okay. Are you okay?" I asked.
"I don't know Billie." She said and I could hear her start to cry.
"Oh, Tyler. You're going to be okay. You, and George, and your little baby...you're going to be okay. It's okay." I soothed.
"Billie - I - I - what if I'm not ready to be a Mum?" She asked.
"You will be. And George will be an awesome Dad. You're going to be fine."
"Yeah but what if I'm not?"
"You will be."
"What if George - w-what if - what if George doesn't - want it?" She asked quietly and somehow I knew this was what she had been worried about the most. My jaw dropped.
"Ty. George loves you and misses you like crazy. He would not desert you," I said. I bit my lip, contemplating whether or not I should say what I was about to say. "and if he does, this little family we have - me, you, Matty, Rachael, Adam, Ross... This family will be it's family." I said. "But I know that George would never do that."
"I hope so."
"Ty. You're going to be okay. Love you." I said.
"Bye. Love you too."
And we hung up.
I was sitting in my hotel room that I shared with Matty.
Matty must have seen I was visibly shocked because he came over to me immediately.
"Babe. What's wrong?"
"Oh - don't worry. Tyler's on her period and she's all emotional, that's all." I lied.
"Okay." Matty laughed.
"I love you." I said, kissing his nose.
"I love you too." He replied, pressing his lips to mine. My worries fell away and it was just us. I felt him smile under my lips. His smile was the embodiment of happiness, it was bright and seemingly contagious.
I smiled back but I was still on edge - Tyler was like a sister. Matty walked to the bathroom in our hotel room to have a shower.
We had a show in two hours. My lip was sore from biting it from nervously so much. Bad habit. I wanted to tell someone, or talk to Tyler. I couldn't imagine what she was going through. I don't know how I could cope, being in her situation.
"Okay, Billie. Something's up. What is it?" Matty asked.
"It's nothing." I said.
"No, it's obviously something because it's been in your mind. Billie, just tell me." He pleaded, taking my hands in his.
"It's Tyler." I said. Matty's eyes widened.
"Is she okay?" He asked immediately.
"She's alright. It's just -" I trailed off.
"What is it, Billie?" Matty asked.
"No. It's not my business. She needs to tell who she needs to tell first before I go blabbing." I said quietly, to myself. I looked down at my hands, my forehead creased with worry.
"What?" Matty asked, tipping my chin up to face him.
"Don't worry. I'm okay, Tyler's okay, we're all okay." I said. Matty raised his eyebrows.
"Is anything wrong?" He asked. I shook my head.
"It's Tyler stuff. You'll find out soon, but she needs to tell everyone herself. Sorry, I just feel wrong saying anything." I said, I must not be making any sense.
"I have no idea what you're talking about Billie, but as long as Tyler is okay it's alright." He said, hugging me.
"Thank you for understanding." I mumbled against the fabric of his black shirt.
He kissed my forehead.
"I need to go and get ready." I said, breaking away from Matty.
It felt weird getting ready without Tyler. We'd always done this together. It was her thing. I missed her. I slipped into black skinny jeans and a blank and white paisley button up shirt. I put my hair into a messy bun and wrapped a black bandana around my head. I did cat's eyes and red lips. I felt hot.
I walked out of the bathroom and did a little twirl for Matty.
"Babe, you look gorgeous." He said, pulling me towards him.
He looped his thumbs in the belt loops of my jeans.
"I like these," He said, running his fingers over the denim fabric covering my thighs. "and this," he said as he attached his lips to my neck. "and this." He said as he moved up my neck to meet my lips. I pecked his lips quickly before saying:
"You'll stuff up my makeup."
I laughed, pushing him away softly.
"Such a tease." He mumbled through a smirk.
Fast forward to the show, I was nervous, like always.
"Good luck, babe." Matty said, kissing my cheek and taking my hand before we all walked out on stage. I tried to pull my hand away so the fans wouldn't see but Matty insisted on them seeing me hand in hand with him. Screams and 'awwws' erupted from the crowd. I don't know why I was so scared of the fans seeing him with me. Most of them knew we were together, but I felt like they'd all hate me. I felt like I'd be thrown unwillingly into the spotlight and be judged. But most of the fans had been really sweet to me.
Matty kissed my cheek before I could pull away resulting in ear-splitting screams from the crowd and a blush from me.
"Hello! We're The 1975!" Matty yelled into the mic, getting the audience excited.
"This is a song about being okay." He said, shooting a sneaky glance my way.
We started to sing So Far (It's Alright) and after what felt like five minutes the gig was over. When I sang, with people I was happy to call my friends, time went quick. I loved this feeling, of doing something I love as a job, and it not feeling like a job.
After a few quick photos and autographs with the fans, we were backstage. Everyone was still buzzing.
Then I heard George's ringtone. I knew it would be Tyler. He picked up within a second, grinning when he saw her name flash up on the screen.
"Hey babe." He said, standing up and walking out of the little room we were stuffed in as to have some privacy.
*Tyler's POV *
I took a deep breath, my hand on my stomach, and pressed the call button. I was going to tell George.
"George?" I called into the phone.
"Hey babe." He answeed. Just hearing his voice made me feel relieved and more on-edge at the same time.
"I miss you." I said.
"I miss you like crazy. I love you." He said. I melted a little bit.
"I love you too." I said.
"So what's up?" He asked.
"I - uh - I - I -" I stuttered. George laughed.
"Tyler why are you so nervous?" He asked through a nonchalant laugh. He was so clueless as to what I was about to tell him; but I couldn't find the words.
"I - I - uh - need to tell you something." I said.
"Anything." He said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Of course babe. I love you." He said. It's like he knew what I was going to say already, but I highly doubted that.
"I'm pregnant." I blurted out.
He was silent for what felt like an eternity.
"Say something, George." I pleaded.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes." I said simply.
"That's - t-that's great, babe." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"I'm completely shocked, but I swear on my very life I will not leave you. I love you, and I love this baby." He said. Then I started sobbing.
"Baby, why are you crying?" He asked softly.
"I - I was t-terrified you'd l-leave me. I - I was terrified you wouldn't w - want th - this." I hiccuped.
"Tyler. I'm not like that. I'm staying with you through thick and thin, and I am completely and utterly in love with you." He said. I felt new hot tears trail down my face, but out of happiness.
How frickin cute was that? :) Only a couple of chapters left!
Votes and comments make my day.
:) xx I love you all too much.
-Anna