Part 12 - Explanations

*Rachael's POV*

"My name is Rachael Brixton," I said calmly, knowing how dramatic this was about to get.

Adam's face went slack.

"What?" He asked, looking completely dumbfounded - the exact way that I left him, kneeling in that restaurant. It brought a tear to my eye.

It had been so long. I'd missed him so much.

"Rachael - come outside and talk with me for a second." Adam said, looking angry.

I followed Adam outside, into Matty's living room.

"Listen, Rachael. I don't know who you are, or what you're trying to accomplish here, but you're crazy. You are not Rachael Brixton, you are a crazy person. Rachael left four years ago, and she looked nothing like you." Adam said, with cool rage in his tone.

"Adam- I-it's me. Rachael. Your girlfriend - and I would've been your fiancée," I said, starting to tear up.

"Adam. I understand that you are angry, and confused, and probably overwhelmed at the moment, but try to understand. I am Rachael Sara Brixton, the girl you proposed to and the girl who walked out on you. And I am so so so sorry," I said, starting to sob and choke on tears. "I know you won't forgive me today, maybe never forgive me, but I want - need another chance. Just give me another chance. I don't care if you don't let me stay in the band - just - j-just try to understand that I- I love you so much, Adam. And I need you back." I said, sobbing. Adam's features softened when he saw me cry for a moment.

"I don't know if you are who you say you are," he said.

"After I ran out on you in the restaurant, I got a cab to the apartment and packed my stuff up. I got to the airport, and I didn't know where I was going to go. I just had to go." I said, looking up at him. He nodded, signalling for me to go on.

"I ended up in New York. I lived there for a while, in a little apartment. I did not stop thinking about you, ever. I needed to break out of my old look, though. So I dyed my hair, got rid of my glasses and got contacts." I said, pointing to my eyes and hair. His eyes sparked as he imagined me with blonde hair instead of brown, and blue eyes instead of green. He knew it was me.

"Rachael," he whispered, tracing his fingers along the side of my face.

I let my eyes close, happy to be back, close to Adam.

"Rachael...I don't forgive you, you're right about that. I can't forgive you yet. You left me, on my knees, in the middle of that restaurant. We'd been together forever, and you just leave? What the fuck, Rach?" He asked.

I sighed. "I know. I get it. Just- let me explain everything, alright?" I asked. "Meet me at this address tomorrow." I said, handing him a piece of paper with my new address on it. He took it and watched me.

"It was lovely seeing you all!" I called out to the studio and walked out of the house.

*Adam's POV*

I walked back into the studio, dumbfounded once again.

"What was that about?" Matty asked.

"That was Rachael. Rachael Brixton." I said, sitting in the floor with my knees to my chest.

"But - what? No. It couldn't be. How?" Matty asked.

I laughed quietly. "Believe me, I'm confused as well. That was Rachael Brixton, the girl who ran out on me four years ago, who says she still loves me. She wants to explain everything tomorrow." I said.

"But - her hair - and -"

I cut him off.

"She said she dyed her hair and got contacts. She got rid of her glasses. She looks totally different," I said. I took a breath. "At the auditions, I ignored her and didn't look at her much. I never really saw her face properly," I explained.

"That is - or was - my Rachael," I said, looking up. Everyone's eyes were wide and mouth were hanging open.

I didn't know how I was supposed to feel. I didn't feel happy, or relieved, or angry.

I felt empty.

I feel drained, and tired, and confused. She shows up, and expects me to take her in after she treated me like that? But maybe she didn't even want to be in the band. Maybe she just wanted to see me. I don't know. She is a great singer. I always knew she was a good singer when we were together, but not that good. I'd hear her singing under her breath and stuff, but now that I've heard her sing properly...Wow.

The only reason the band ended up choosing Brittany was because of me. They all wanted Rachael to be our second backup singer, but because her name was Rachael, I couldn't deal with it. But now she's here, I don't know what to do.

I've decided I'll meet her at the address she gave me tomorrow, and see what she has to say.

What do I have to lose?

Hey. Hope you're liking the drama. So Rachael...is Rachael. Draaamaaaaa! Shoutout to daisycuts for all the lovely comments :) x