3

The train came to a complete stop.as we exited the train I stop Gon and Killua to let them know about my new job. "I have a quick job to do nearby.. Ill see you boys around at heavens arena. If not then I see you when I can"

"We'll be There." Killua said
"Nice to meet you y/n!" Gon innocently shouted and waved.

It was just a five minute walk from the office building where I'm meeting with my client.

*phone rings*

I didn't know this number . "Yes?"

"I hear your a highly trained Assassin. Is that true?" The voice cooed devilishly in my ear.

"Your wasting my time." I said hanging up the phone. I have no time to play 21 questions with anyone.

*phone rings*

"I'm looking to hire you. But not for an assassination. More of ... gathering intel.. I'll pay as handsomely as I am."

" you don't sound handsome and I don't work for cheap."

"I don't? I always thought of my voice to be rather charming ? Don't you think ?"

His voice sounds evil. I could tell he was bad news but something about it excited me. It's like I can hear the amount of power he has.

"So? Why don't you say we meet and go over details? Hm? Maybe over dinner. My treat."

"I know your location. I'll find you by tonight."

"You know my location? Is that so? Please, humor me." I could hear his grin through his words like he challenged me. And that bothered me to my core.

" if I were you I'd watch that tone. I know your current location, height and weight just by this phone call. Your in perfect health but you walk differently than others so finding you in a crowded hallway at heavens arena wouldn't be difficult at all. How many people would stand at 6'3 weigh 200 pounds flat  at the lobby? Watch your tongue or I'm cutting it off as payment."

I hung up the phone and met with my client. "Me kokoro.." I said entering the room..

"I'm glad your here. Word on the street is That punk bastard tsuki  sent some men to steal something from me. The alarms went off just as you got here meaning they broke in ! Find them and kill who ever it is !"

I left his office and made my way through the halls trying to sense someone . But I had no luck. I checked the entire building and not one person besides the man he instructed to follow me is here.

I sighed. Of course they killed everyone by now but how did they slip past me is the question.. "everyone's dead. You should run too" I suggested the man.

"What! How the hell is everyone dead your suppose to find the perso-... the boss is alone !"

"The smell of blood is faint. Meaning the hidden corpses I smell been dead at least a half hour before I got here. The intruder was already in the building before me kokoro contacted me."

We raced to the kokoros office but I was too late.

"There goes my pay

"There goes my pay." I crossed my arms . The man beside me screamed in horror as he pulled out his gun and pointed it at illumi. But before he could even pull the trigger I snapped his neck instantly.

"Ah. Was this your client?" Illumi asked cleaning the blood off his hands.

"How did you sneak past me?" I asked

"I was outside the window."

"That makes sense." I felt like an idiot. I should've use en before leaving his room.

"I'll split half of this job with you" illumi saidpulling out his phone to transfer half his pay into my account.

"It's ok, I only took this job because I was In the area ." We left the room and walked out the building . Walking aimlessly as we talked.

"Your jobs have been successful lately."illumi praised

"Have you been keeping tabs on me?" Things felt different... I don't know what it is but illumi just seemed more... attractive.. I have to calm down before he notices that slight change.

"Is that wrong?" He questioned me " I wanted to see how you were doing. You haven't called in almost a year.  That's unlike you."

"Sorry" I apologized "I knew you were busy and I didn't want to bother you."

"If your to be my wife then it's not a problem. Zoldycks come first." He stated . My face grew a light pink

"Are you sick?" He raised an eyebrow

"No. It's just.. don't you think it's weird hearing yourself say that? 'Wife'?"

"No. That's how we were raised. I've known since I was young that we were to marry."

"Yea but now that we're older and the pressure is there to go through with it.. you don't find it weird?"

"I feel it's a bit different now yes. But that was expected. Once we do we're going to have to share the same bed. Make children-"

"Yea i get it" I interrupted him . My face gotten darker

"Is that called blushing ?" He questioned pointing at my cheeks. "Did you want to set a date for the wedding ?"

God he's so clueless. It's adorable really. "No I'm not in a rush illumi. We'll set a date when we both decide it's time. I guess I'm blushing because I haven't seen you in so long . I think I missed you."

"I got something for you by the way. I'll bring it by to your room tonight. I have to meet with my client and tell him the job is done "

"I'll text you my room number." I smiled parting ways with illumi . To the world he's emotionless and careless. But the side I see and seen growing up that's the furthest from the truth. Illumi is capable of love. I've seen it.  He loves his family and would give his life for them. And I love that I'm the only outsider who gets to see that side of him.

*incoming text*

*incoming text*

Blocked number : are we still on for dinner tonight ~

Me: we meet at 9.

Blocked number: very well. See you soon ~*

Fucking weirdo.