46

"Do you hear that?" Chrollo asks me as he closed his eyes with a smile plastered onto his face.

"The screams?"

He nodded his head and breathed in deeply "Watching you at work paired with their screams... It's a master piece."

"Thank you for the compliment." I bent down and removed my needles from the corpses neck.. "It's called hard work."

"Did you enjoy our last encounter?" he asked bluntly. 

"Which one?"

"Our last intimate encounter. I ask because inside the car my performance wasn't the best." he sighed. 

I laughed thinking how amazing it would've been to have him at his best but I shook the thoughts away quickly "You were great."

He raised an eyebrow in question "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why, were you expecting a callback? Or a text to confirm your performance to feed your ego?"

Chrollo chuckled "not at all. Is that what you would like?"

"I dont need it. I know my performance was top notch and you'll never experience anything like that without me again."

"and you speak of my ego."

"This isn't ego. This is confidence." I replied. 

"How confident are you." 

"Extremely."

"Care to demonstrate that with our friends?" he asked looking past my shoulder. 

I turned around and was greeted with the faces of Zeno and Silva Zoldyck. The sudden confidence I had quickly depleted. The continued to walk towards us first staring at Chrollo and changing direction to me. "Have you decided?" Silva asked.

"I'll be protecting him to ensure my payment."

Zeno eyes met mine. "I see. Then you understand that we won't go easy on you."

"Yes."

 "Careful." I whispered. "He can steal your techniques."

Zeno nodded before kicking me, sending me back a few feet. Luckily I anticipated I quick start from them and was able to block with arms. Silva went straight for Chrollo with a punch he blocked. but the energy it took him to do so slowed Chrollo down and Zeno within an instant swung his razor sharp nails at Chrollo slicing his cheek. I went straight after Zeno to distract him from causing any more harm to Chrollo But after Chrollo dodged a deadly kick from Silva, Silva kicked his leg onto mine knocking onto the floor. Zeno pounced at the opportunity to attempt to drive his nails into my face. Barely escaping i rolled causing him to miss. Silva lifts me off the ground and tosses me  against the wall. Zeno Released a blast against Chrollo causing him to loose his footing and fall down . 

"Look out!" i shouted I struggled to stand but when I did I raced to Chrollo's aide. 

Chrollo looked up with my warning and was able to safely dodge Silva's Attack and pulled out a blade effectively forcing Silva back. 

"You must be a specialist if you're able to steal peoples nen." Zeno asked "That must come with a few conditions."

Thats when i realized that there was so much i still have to learn form these two. Zeno had him figured out already yet i never even considered this. I looked at Chrollo to find him smiling as though this had entertained him.

Zeno smirked."It must be hard to fulfill those conditions while you fight us."

Chrollo released a small chuckle before tossing the blade aside. Releasing a powerful aura that shook the ground we stood on. Zeno following Chrollo's lead.

both Aura's together shook me to my core. I have no choice but to give everything I have. There's no playing around and easing my way out of this mission. I released my aura, It's time to finally test out the fruits of my labor for the first time but against those who taught me. 

I hope I can make you guys proud!