4 || Embrace

«────── « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ──────»

I was halfway to my work desk, when suddenly-

"Attention to all people in the building." The speakers started to blare out of what I assumed was a females voice, everyone around me soon stopping what they were doing to attentively listen to the ongoing announcement.

"Huh?" What's going on? I could hear the quiet murmurs from the people around me, and I knew I wasn't the only one that was confused.

"There has been a breakage of the lab chambers." I could the people around me gasp. "If any of you happen to see a android with ash brown hair and blue eyes, report it to security immediately. This is rather serious, everyone, please stay on guard at all costs."

My eyes widen.

Lee know?

He broke free?

It was then as I see a person dash right before me, cutting a sharp corner as they descend towards another hallway. My eyes widen.

Although I didn't see it for long, I was sure of it.

Ash hair.

That flash of lightning blue.

Not taking time to comprehend my actions, I book after you.

But oh boy, you were quick.

You turned another corner, me swift on my feet as I continue chasing you, but it was too late as you were already out of my sight. I then stop, taking a moment to catch my breath when suddenly someone called out to me.

"Hwamin! Did you see 107?" It was Chan, will a group of people following closely behind him. "I swear we saw him around here somewhere, but that thing's fast, I tell you."

"You mean like that one hedgehog from the 90s?" Felix quickly pipes up.

Immediately, I felt Chan's hard glare. "Felix, now's not the time." He said, shushing the younger as he turns to all of us once again. "Alright, I want all of you to listen-"

When suddenly, a loud bang emitted from afar, followed up by an eerie scream as all of our heads jolted towards direction of it.

It was from the M.I.C.'s office.

My eyes widen again, as I immediately began booking my way over to where the sound came from.

"Hey? Hwamin! Come back!" I ignore Chan's calling, stopping right in front of the designated office.

Come on, there won't be enough time to play it the safe way.

Looking in, I let out a quiet gasp.

The whole place was a complete mess; the door was broken, with papers and books scattered everywhere like leaves on a fall day. My eyes make their way to the M.I.C., his face terrified, body up against the wall with Lee know holding him directly in place by the collar.

"Hwamin! Stop, now!" I heard Chan call out again.

I didn't listen.

I glance over to you.

Your eyes.

The cold, aloof expression on your face, intensifying your piercing demeanour as you stared daggers into the man's eyes.

And with the closed blinds of the office; with the miscellaneous items scattered around showing the representation of all the built up anger in you; with the shards of blue that make up your eyes as they glow in the dimly lit room -

You looked broken.

And deep inside me, I felt myself break a little too.

People don't know what you've been through, or what it's like to be binded by puppet strings, to be a mere chess piece in someone's game. There must be a reason your like this, a reason that you're so hostile.

And the urge to find that reason overcame me.

And so, I began making my way towards you.

First my left foot.

Then my right.

I move them step by step, until I was right behind you. Adrenaline pumped through my body, and I felt my uncontrollable heartbeat slamming hard against my ribcage.

I reached out, and without hesitation, I pulled you into my arms.

________________________

A/N: I don't know who's reading this, but if you are, I love you <3
(Also you don't have to play the music, I just like to put it there to listen to while writing :,>)