61 || Reassurance

We stared at each other, words failing us for a moment as the environment became still.

It was only when a few seconds later, when then awkward silence have finally done it's magic, when words came back again to me.

"What are you-" I then spoke.

"Why are you-" He began.

Our words clash, but it didn't take long for me to speak up again.

"No."

"Huh?"

...

Silence dawned again for another few seconds, and we were both suddenly embraced with nothing to speak. Noticing the sudden tension, my expression turns dull again, proceeding to lower my head as I began to bury it back in my knees.

"Hey-"

"Leave me alone." I blurt from my legs bluntly. "I don't know what happening, but leave me alone. It's already embarrassing enough for you to see me like this."

I still wasn't in full comprehension of what's happening, but my mind was telling me to shut of any company that isn't Jisung's.

The boy seemingly tilts his head, confused at my words. "What do you mean-"

"I don't want to accidentally hurt people." I sniffle, feeling my voice crack. "So please, leave me alone until I can talk without bringing pain to anyone anymore."

I just, couldn't function properly in this state.

After I let my words fall, I could see the boy in front of me stiffen. I don't even know why I'm being so personal; Hyunjin and I had never been close on a more-than-acquaintance basis, and now for us to sudden meet at probably one of the worst times in my life? Great moments.

But despite my harsh bite back, it was only a few seconds later until I heard a sigh. The noise of footsteps then became prominent again, before stopping with a slight creak to the empty space on the bench beside me.

"Ahem." Turning his head away, Hyunjin clears his throat. "Well, I guess I see why it might be an inconvenient time for you to talk."

A mere hum comes out of me, thinking that was going to be the end of the conversation. I wasn't going to say anything back anyways. However, despite my thinking, the boy continues to speak, and what came next was enough to immediately pique my inside curiosity.

"But uh," He says, voice seeming a bit hesitant. "Before I go, can I have an explanation to why my special moping spot is taken?"

I lift my head, only to see the space in front of me empty, with the space beside now occupied. "...Huh?"

"This is my designated spot." Hyunjin turns to me, all serious like. "I came here to be sad, I guess. But then I find you here, taking it up."

My eyes widen, and I tilt my head. "You're here to... what? Why?"

My words might not have made much sense, but the boy beside me seemed to understand. His face turned red, hands coming up to slightly tug down the cap of his hat. "Well, I guess it wouldn't be bad to tell you." His eyes kept shifting, a hand covering his face as he seemed really embarrassed by what he was going to say.

"I got into a fight... with Jisung."

His words took a little while to seep in, but when they did, the reaction that came from me was enough to tell anybody that it wasn't what I was expecting. "Wait, whaAAaaT??" I exclaim, suddenly finding myself sitting up straight, knees uncurling as I now turn my full attention to Hyunjin. "Oh god, did he burn down your kitchen?"