68 pt. 2 - America

• ✿ ────── ✧ ☾ ⋆ ❀ ⋆ ☽ ✧────── ✿ •

The bell above rings as I swing open the cafe door, hands digging through my coat for my phone. Walking a few steps into the place as I immediately take it out, I swipe it open to tap on messages, and then into a specific chat as I bring my hands up to type.

"I'm here, where are you?"

'Sent'.

I see the seen symbol a few moments later, proceeding with the small animated three dot typing bubble. I wait for a moment for the reply.

"Over by one of the window seats, I'm the one with the pile of books and laptop lol. Hurry up, I ordered you a drink as well, so I better see you waving at me soon."

Right after I left the store and Hyemin, I immediately had to rush to my next destination. It was a nice popular coffee shop just around the corner, one that I had visited pretty often among my time being here.

I raise my head from my phone, looking around the area towards the tables positioned near the windows. The cafe itself was actually very aesthetically pleasing, with muted toned colours paired with hanging potted plants, plus cute picture frames that were hung all over the walls. Looking at it, there was no surprise I was here, May was always one to obsess over these kinds of places.

Speaking of the devil— It was just when I manage to find her throughout the crowd, that I realised she was waving at me this whole time. "Minah~ over here!" A girl with light chestnut hair and round framed glasses gestures towards the seat in front of where she was sitting, and I quickly stride over to pull out the chair.

"Yeesh, and here I thought you were never going to come." The girl opposite of me sighs. "You better thank yourself for having a friend this patient."

I pause.

"...May, I'm only five minutes late."

May, a new friend I've made during my time here. I first met her when she was visiting Hyemin's store to find a quiet place to study, and after a few accidental coffee spills and awkward conversations later, we manage to somehow get close.

Despite being a college student, she was always someone that pushed her time out for me to hang out— which I was more than grateful for. Friends aren't easy to make here, especially when you have to rely mainly on your mom for translating when you go out.

If it wasn't for that one of May's minors in school was Korean, I think I might I haven't never have been able to speak a proper sentence to her.

"Silly, if you were five minutes late to a job interview, they would have already kicked you out for someone else!" Taking a sip out of her straw, May merely tilts her head, giving me an all serious offended look. "This is precious time you owe me, missy."

But it wasn't long before she broke out into her usual smile, and I only sigh as I shake my head at her dramatic-ness. "Alright alright, whatever you said young lady." We look at each other, before both breaking out into giggles.

"Oh, by the way, here you go." I see a paper cup with a lid being pushed towards me. "I ordered you a hot milk tea, I know you like them."

"Waahhh~" I exclaim, picking up the drink immediately with my hands to bring it up up towards my mouth. The warm aroma of the liquid perfumes into my face, and I quickly take a sip. "Thank you~" I say, and she smiles back at me.

"I can't believe you're going soon." Setting down her coffee cup, May merely sighs as she leans back into her chair. "We haven't even done half of the things I have written on my list yet, what a bummer. Are you going to come back and visit anytime soon?"