7 || Comfort

«────── « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ──────»

"So, how was your first day working with your terrorist bot?" Jisung asks me, picking out a random movie from the shelf. "Was he scary?"

He throws the case to me, in which I quickly catch and open.

"The docile system Chan inserted is still in check, so he's actually quite friendly." I tell him, inserting the disk into the dvd player. "I'm honestly not exactly sure what they want me to do with him though, there weren't really... Any clear instructions?"

"Well, is there a reason that they want you to work with 107?" He asks.

"Even when they can just, you know, turn him off and forget about him?"

"Well according to Chan," I say, recalling everything he told me in the hallway yesterday. "Lee Know was sent here to be reprogrammed. There's a high chance his system still has the information of his old terrorist group, and people want that information."

Jisung nods, preparing for me to continue.

"But so far trying to take the information has been a fail. Lee know has this super-secure-security system that you can't hack into when he's turned off. The only way currently is to convince him to give up the information, but as you can tell, that idea isn't going to work." I say, trying my best to explain things as clear as possible.

"So basically you need to tame him or do whatever before his docile system wears off." He says and I give him a nod.

"And to make sure he can be comfortable around humans."

"Or else..?" he adds.

"Or else he gets locked up again." I say, finishing his sentence; Chan's words echoing out in my head as I repeat them out loud.

"I can't let him live like that." I shiver, unable to imagine what it would be like to be caged up again. "I won't let it happen."

Jisung smiles at me. "Of course you can't." His hand reaches out, as he begins to gently caress the top of my head. "You're Hwamin, my compassionate and caring best friend."

"And you're Sungie, my kind and warmhearted close companion." I scoot closer beside you, a smiling brushing against my chin as I rested my head on your shoulder. Your head soon made its way to rest on mine, as we sat there with the movie playing in front of us.

"Jeez, I never you had a cheesy side to you." He chuckles, facing his head towards the TV screen. I let out a light laugh in response, and you chuckled along with me.

But then, your expression turned serious. "Hey, Hwamin. Can you promise me something?"

I nod my head. "What is it?"

"Please, whatever you do," He begins, and I could feel his shoulders tense up. "please, don't get hurt. Okay?"

I bit my lip. You were still worried about me.

"Ahhh... I'll be fine~" I say, trying my best to flash him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, alright?"

Silence loomed over us for a few seconds, your head still on mine as you then let out a deep sigh. "Alright." He finally says; a sense of relief washing over me, my lungs releasing the breath that I was involuntarily holding.

"But. Vow to me that you won't do anything stupid."

I let out a soft laugh. "I promise."

Right after saying those words, I began to grow drowsy. The moonlight from the window had began to fade, as I found myself finding serenity in Jisung's warmth.

And soon, not know when, or how, I fell asleep, the movie still playing in front of us as I lost myself into my own dreams.

  *~*