37 || Sacrifice

«—————— « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ——————»

I gently stir awake, the sounds of muffled voices and chatters resonating through my ears as it slowly draws me into consciousness.  My back aches from leaning against an unfamiliar chair, a husky sent lingering in the air as it engulfs my senses.

hazy lighting bathed the area, I barely making out a row of machinery by the back of the room; all scannings of series of numbers I couldn't understand. I freeze at my surrounding, my voice feeling almost muted.

Where... Where am I even?

I close my eyes shut, trying so hard to recall the early happenings of today.

Come on Minah, think.

And then I remember.

The storage room, the darkness, the unfamiliar hands grabbing around me as I was lunged into darkness.

My eyes involuntarily widen, the sudden realisation hitting me with a full force of shock.

Am I...

where I think I am?

But before I could come up with any reason to doubt my predicament, a conversation from afar wields in my attention.

"So, you really managed to do it, didn't you?" A male asks, in which then I hear a chuckle.

"Hah, I was on the last string. My so called "boss" actually caught me a few days ago, but I guess he was just too late to realize that I already had the upper hand."

"Well, we've the android now, and that's the most crucial part solved."

"Mhm."

Judging from the voices, one of them was definitely Yonghwa.

I grit my teeth, finding myself at a loss for words. If only I was more wary around him, maybe I wouldn't have entangled myself into this mess.

The farther their conversation goes, the more tense my muscles feel, so many questions in my head swirling around my head that it hurts.

Swallowing thickly, I feel an uneasiness sprawl across my chest, a flower patch of dread blooming my lungs. Panic arises, my eyes beginning to slowly adjust to the dark. I try to shift myself, only to realise my limbs were blinded together by something- a material that I assumed was rope.

Minah, don't panic, you can't panic. Stay calm.

But in reality, I couldn't stay calm. I wanted to hide, to cry, to scream, and more never so badly-

-I wanted to see Minho.

He was right there, with me, just a few hours ago, his honey like voice giving me all the reassurance I needed.

Now, I wanted nothing more to run back, into the secure safety of his arms.

Everything dawns a silence in my throat, and I felt somehow muted, indecisive thoughts and decisions unable to form a full circle.

But it didn't take long for the storm in my head to immediately cleave lightning, when I hear Yonghwa's voice draw near from far away.

"Well well, look who's little bunny's awake?"

I freeze, the sound of foot steps drawing near throwing all my thoughts away at bay.

And ice cold hand glides across my chin, a shivering chill then dwindling down my spine. I lean my head away, but due to my arms legs being tied down by the chair, my best attempts basically were deemed useless.