6 || Promotion

«────── « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ──────»

"I'm- what." I stare at chan, surprised.

"You're getting promoted." He says, the expression on his face not changing. "From today on I want you to be working with 107."

"Huh-?" I'll be working with Mr. Lee know bot?

So I'll be seeing him everyday from now on?

Taking a little while for the moment to settle in, I then let out a tiny dramatic gasp.

"Woahhh." My eyes beamed, a smile appearing on my face.

"But what will I be exactly doing?" I ask Chan, and he smiles.

"From now on, I want you to look after Lee know." He says, taking a start in his footsteps while gesturing me to follow him. "He be your temporary partner."

"Hmm?" I tilt my head, confused. "But isn't he dangerous?"

"Yes. It's going to be risky." He turns to me. "But we need to figure out his origins and function, and so far you're the only one who has the ability to tame him."

He then grabs something out his pocket, a gadget of some sort. "Keep this with you. It will alert me if you're in danger."

"Ahh- Okay." I pause, before hesitantly grabbing the item from his hand.

I stare at it in my palm, unable to identify what the tiny piece of technology actually is.

Not wanting to question it, I gently tucked it into my corner pocket for safe keeping.

"Great, now come with me."

*~*

After several confusing turns and long walks down halls that I had never seen before, we stopped outside of an odd looking room. There were no windows, so I couldn't actually look inside, but I got a weird feeling from it.

"What is this place?" I ask, trying the door only to find out it was locked.

"This is an obedience room." Chan begins explaining, but the only thing I can think of are those dog obedience classes.

"We need to make sure that he'll listen to you fully before we let him interact with any more of the outside world. And it's small enough for him to not feel threatened at all." He opened up the room, and I let out a surprised gasp.

It looked just like a workstation. Or, to be more exact, my workstation. All of my papers were there, my laptop, and a small little Polaroid picture of Jisung feeding a squirrel.

"Will I have to do my work here?"

"Your work is taming 107. For now, you won't need to use your desk for architectural planning."

"Where is he? 107?"

Chan checks his watch. "He should be here any moment. I'm having a special crew bring him here, he'll be powered off though, we can't afford any more serious injuries."