31 || Stay

«—————— « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ——————»

Minah's P.O.V.

-

Wha...

What's happening?

One second I was cornered in the hallway, and the next I was suddenly pulled into the space of my office, back pressed against the wall with your lips on mine.

The lingering confusion in my head spins around the entangled webs, your fluttering eyelids and nose so close that I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest at any second.

But the feeling didn't last long, as not even after a second of bliss, you pulled away.

My eyes widen, limbs still frozen in place, too shocked to move.

"I-I... You..." Quiet stutters escaped my lips, cheeks a light shade of dusted pink.

And just like that, I feel my senses kick, tears once again pricking the edges of my eyes.

It still hurts.

The more you do this, only the more I will want.

"L-lee know..." water continued to flow through my eyes, blinking lashes heavy with tears. "W-we, we can't."

"Minah-" You take a step towards me, my hands reaching out to push you away again.

But you were stronger than me, hands wrapping around my waist as I feel another sudden force as our chests meet.

"Minah, just listen to me, okay?" Your voice was gentle, hand coming up to gently stroke my hair, as if to soothe the soft sniffles and hiccups coming from my throat. I feel myself relax, the kind gaze on your face never fading as you waited patiently for me to calm down.

I've longed so much to be in your arms.

So much, that after a mere few seconds, I don't try to fight back anymore.

You coo softly at me, nuzzling your face into my neck. "There there, don't cry okay? I'm right here for you."

And like a spell, you did you your magic after a while, my limbs had stopped trembling, shoulders and knuckles relaxing into a peaceful state.

My body had stopped, but now, my heart had begun quivering for you once again.

You leaned your forehead against mine, hands still tracing my back.

Looking at my now calm state, you finally opened your mouth to talk. "A lot of things happened in these past few days."

I gulp.

And cautiousness laced in my voice, I dared to speak. "W-What do you mean?"

It's not that I haven't assumed. Jisung had been super stressed ever since the incident of that night, merely saying that work had been weighing him down.

But I knew better than that, which was why I became extra hesitant about arriving back.

Lee know looks at me, eyes flickering over with worry and concern. "I'm sorry for suddenly pulling you in here. But right now, I need to talk to you."

Once again, Jisung's words from this morning cross my mind.

'You two need to talk to each other'.

Of course I trusted in what he had said, but back then I was too confused about what for.

What was the point, if we were going to be parting our ways anyways?

But then, as the words leave your mouth, I had begin to doubt my thoughts once again.