35 || Suspicion

Suddenly, the lights flicker back on, enabling mine and Lee Know's sight once more. I couldn't help but flinch, realizing how close I had cuddled up to his side.

"Ah.. s-sorry," I mutters, standing up. Lee Know smirks, standing up as well.

"Yah, you don't have to apologize," He chuckles, ruffling my hair. "We're together now.. well, right?"

"O-of course we're together now!" I quickly spew out, flustered. "Anyways, I-"

But I couldn't finish my sentence, because I was then suddenly interrupted by a surprise guest.

"Minah, Lee Know!" Chan slams the door open, panting heavily with a panicked expression on his face. Yonghwa stands slightly behind him, looking just as startled.

The blonde hair main swiftly hustled over to me, grabbing my shoulders. "Are you two okay?"

"Eh?" I stare at him, confusion coursing through my brain before remembering that out conversation was cut off.

"Ah... We're okay, don't worry about us," I tell him, instantly washing the stress away from his body. "But, what about you? You're in your pajamas.. and it looks like you just woke up."

Chan sighs, nodding. "Well, I've been home all day. It was just Yonghwa and Felix in the office."

"How did you get here so quickly..?" Lee Know asks, confused. "The power outage just ended."

"Felix contacted Jisung immediately. Since Jisung was already with me, I just left him to watch my house and came here as quickly as possible."

The entire time, Yonghwa just nods vigorously, not missing a beat. "It's all true! But Chan, you didn't have to come all the way here. I could've checked on them!"

Raking his hand through the locks of his hair, Chan merely sighs. "That's true, but you're just a new recruit. I can't give you big responsibilities yet," Chan says, raising his eyebrows when he looks over at Lee Know and Minah. "That was a special occasion."

"Now I'm wondering," I mutter thoughtfully. "Why didn't you just message me? My laptop was in the room."

Chan suddenly tenses up, almost as if this is a sensitive topic. "My computer is... let's just say it's indisposed, for now. I can't currently use it."

"Oh... I understand," I say, though I was still curious about why exactly he couldn't use his computer. He did sound a bit restless when he called me aswell, was something wrong?

Wandering away from the thought as Chan lets go of his grasp on me, I spin around to my left. "Lee Know- ah, I mean Minho..?"

Minho quickly nods, smiling.

"Minho and I are all good now, so..." My words trail off, as I see someone inching towards the items on the desk table.

"Wait, Yonghwa?"  I chirp, watching as the boy's arm slowly reach for my phone.

"Y-yeah?" He suddenly flinches, pulling his hand away from my desk. "So-sorry, Minah. I was just, uhm-"

A ringing sound fills the room, making Yonghwa jump once more. "S-sorry again! I have to answer this call. Please excuse me!" Before anybody can reply, he runs out of the room, holding his phone up to his ear.

Chan stares after him, confused. "Okay...?" He quickly turns back to the two others though, raising an eyebrow. "'Minho? Lee Know, I didn't know you'd tell Minah yet."

Minho nods, looking at Minah. "Mhm... I decided I had to tell her eventually."

"Wait- You knew about it, Chan?" I ask, astonished.