13 || Anger

«────── « ⋅∘◦✿◦∘⋅ » ──────»

The city lights blare as I hurriedly dash through the drenched streets, the sound of my footsteps pairing in sync with the rhythmic pitter-patter of rain.

I was half-way on my trip to work, when the sky suddenly started to rumble before me. I didn't have an umbrella in my bag, so the only thing I could do was try to dash to the building as soon as possible.

Left and right my feet went, as my gaze fell down to my worn out and wet sneakers.

Come to think of it, this happened a lot when I was in university too.

I would go home soaking wet, just to be ratted out by my dorm mates.

But not because the sky had some kind of grudge against me, it was just that I've never actually used an umbrella when I really needed it.

I like the feeling of rain. It was nice, even if I end up sick the next day.

It was as if standing there, I could let natures natural cycle was wash all my worries away.

But to take my time and show up to work soaking wet?

Jisung would most likely kill me.

Not in a bad way, but he's always worried about my weak immune system and knows how stupidly reckless I can be.

"Tell me, how many times have I had to look after you since you couldn't do it yourself?" Is what he'd always say.

Chuckling, I step in the front lobby, bag clutched in my arms and the back of my hoodie adorned with little raindrop stains. Giving a small greeting from the receptionist, I then quickly headed to my office.

Stopping at the designated place, I opened the door, and there you always were, quietly waiting for me.

"Good morning, or should say afternoon, Minah." He says.

"Good afternoon, Lee know." I smile at him, placing my bag down on my desk.

"Hey, Minah..." You then tilted your head, as if something peculiar just caught your eye. Walking over, you pat my head.

"You're hair's quite wet." You say, eyebrows furrowing. "You'll catch a cold like this, you should probably go dry it."

"Eh-?" I look up, my eyes meeting your's briefly.

We then stood there, staring at each other for a few seconds too long; before I felt all the memories from yesterday come flooding back to me.

You on top of me, faces so close as I could hear my pulsating heart slam against my rib cage.

I blush. Flustered, I started waving my hands around my face. "D-dont worry, I-I'll just let it dry naturally. No need to worry."

I then turned around, and quickly dove for my chair behind my desk.

...I sigh, putting my arms over my head as I rest my chin against the table.

You were still staring at me, an unreadable expression on your face as you were probably questioning my weird behaviour.

But... It's not technically my fault when my brain decides to randomly flash back to embarrassing past situations, right?

Or maybe it is.

I shake my head.

Minah, stop being so shy all the time.

-Is what I like to tell myself, but honestly the actual likeliness of me actually changing is like the same percentage of Jisung not eating all the cookies in my cupboards everytime he comes over.