57 || Question

«—————— « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ——————»

I walk around the office, fussing over fixing up some unnoticeable messes. Piles of papers stacked across the top of my desk, while various pens and pencils pooled around my cleaning area.

After taking the time at Jisung's house to recover from the splitting headache I had, it was safe to say I was fully ready to continue the shift I had the next day.

Except...

Gulping, I sigh, trying not to think about the events of a few nights ago; although the slight lingering headache only becomes an unhelpful reminiscent.

"Just tell him how you really feel again." I mumble to myself, rethinking the words I had been told yesterday for the millionth time in a row.

Easier said than done, Jisung.

Across the room, Minho watches in silence. My mind was currently debating through all the possibilities that I could possibly say to clear things up between us, but so far every thought only seems to remain useless as I shake it off.

How am I supposed to even bring that up?

Just like, oh hey Minho, what happened while I was...

Uh...

Drunk?

I fight the urge to ask that exact question, although the temptation was real strong. Overall my curiosity was seriously about to drive me nuts, the whole situation unable to leave my head since yesterday.

I want to know what was missing, but with all the possibilities of what could've actually happened...

I'm not quite sure if it's worth knowing.

For the sake of my mental state and eternal shame, of course.

Out of pure instinct though, I find myself slowly turning around to face the other side of the room. My eyes flicker over to the desk, only to catch Minho curiously glancing up at me.

Upon his gaze, mild panic arises, and I spin back around immediately. Crap Minah, get your grip for gods sake.

...

I should just ask.

I flop into my chair, expelling a sigh, a thousand different voices circling around my head at once. It's not even a big deal! Everyone makes mistakes!

But this mistake could be super big, and if I find out it's terrible then I might want to disappear into my room for forever.

Which in that case, it's definitely better if I probably don't know what happened.

Urgh... why is this so hard?

I take a pen, randomly doodling as they began to fidget with stress. Come, On, Minah! You need to think straight!

Just! Ask! The! Question!

Trying to muster up all the courage I had contained inside me, I sigh.

"Hey, Minho?" I murmur, wheeling around to face him.

Upon hearing my voice, The male looks up, a curious glint in his eyes. "Yeah? What is it?"

I feel my hands grow nervous, as they subconsciously began to shake. "Can I... have a quick chat with you?"

Minho blinks, before smiling softly at me. "Oh! Sure. What is it?"

Resting my head down on to the table, I take a deep breath,

Just at that moment, the door bursts open, causing the both of us to flinch.