66 || Refresh

•✿──────✧ ☾ ⋆ ❀ ⋆ ☽ ✧──────✿•

"Phew, done."

Sighing a big breath of relief, I stand up from the chair of my desk, pen dropping from my hand to the table as I finish writing the last words on the piece of paper, before turning to my bed.

I glance at the clock. It's been three hours since I've told mom my decision.

I guess I better start packing soon.

"Welp, that's that Hwamin, you've made up your mind." I mumble, the words seeming as if to give some kind of reassurance to myself. "No regrets, right?"

My eyes glance over to the files on my bedside table. "No regrets."

I flop down on the mattress, grabbing a pillow before letting out some kind of weird noise, as if to let out all my remaining conflicts left in me. Yay, Minah, you did it. You're going. What now?

I roll over on my side, still feeling as if I've forgotten something. Silence falls as I stare at the plushies lined up along the side of my bed, before my hand reaches out to grab the squirrel one and hug it close to my chest.

...

Oh right! I still have to talk to Sungie—

Grabbing my phone, the screen faces upwards, illuminated with dozens of notifications.

All from Jisung.

13 missed calls and an dozen more amount of text messages, from Jisung alone. There were even some extra concerning ones from Felix, which I assume was because this boy had some sort of mental breakdown again.

"Oh, great..." I mutter, increasingly confused. "Jisung, what'd you do now?"

I call him back, the phone barely ringing before I hear a 'click' from the other side of the line as he answers.

"MIIIIIIIN—" A very strained voice emitted from the device, one filled with panic and stress. "I'M RJSJAKMDMEJSKMXD— WHERE WERE YOUU?"

I blink. "H-huh? Jisung?

"EVERYTHING IS BAD."

"Oh no!" I frown, trying to send my sympathy through the phone. "Is your crush straight?"

Surprisingly, he's silent.

Until he becomes himself again.

"MIN I'M IN A STABLE RELATIONSHIP WITH HYUNJIN WHY-"

"So you can chill, then?"

Despite my reassurance, more incoherent words spew out from the other side. "Fmridrjusjuejdrujc. Medurmdd. 4mris,rjcrufnmes. Cmridmoecei. Where were you. Deiwouddx,ezoe."

I chuckle. Jisung, I don't speak real life keyboard smash.

"Okay, calm down," I slowly instruct him, still hugging the squirrel plush close to my chest as I sit up. "And peacefully explain to me what happened."

He takes a deep breath, before speaking once more. "Okay, I'm calm."

I hum, signalling for him to continue. "Now speak."

What came next was what I could only assume as a very dramatic inhale, before more words follow up. "So basically... MinhoIsProbablyHavingSomeMentalCrisisBecauseOfMeCauseIDidntConsiderToBarricadeMyRoomBeforeGoingOutAndHeSawThePaintingAndIThinkHeGotWarFlashbacksOrSomethin'."

I pause, trying to comprehend what the squirrel just spewed out. "Oh."

"Min, I'm sorry I wasn't careful I—" The squirrel boy starts again, but I cut him off.

"No, it's fine." I say. "I've made my decision anyways."

"Huh?"

I smile, even though I knew Jisung couldn't see it through the call. "Three months. I'm going for three months. I'll get sometime to refresh, same with Minho. We'll both have sometime to ourselves, and for my job... Tell Chan to send me all the files and requirements over email, nothing will change other than I'm in another country."

"Oh, and I was going to tell you to give Minho the painting to him anyways, so it's okay."

The other line went silent again. There was a slight pause, and I could tell Jisung was surprised. "Min, are you sure about this?"

I sit back, leaning my head against the wall. "To be honest, I'm still not sure."

"Min—"

"But I am sure of one thing, Sungie." I say. "After this, after everything, I want to restart."

"After this, I wanna stop running away."

"And this'll be a good first step."

_______________

This is really short but I don't really have an excuse other to say I forgot about wattpad ahahaha -v-;;

Lowkey just waiting for school to be over even though we still have over a few weeks left 😔😔 online school somehow is even more mentally draining than real school ahhhhh