52 || Plans

Minah's P.O.V.

Arriving at my house after work, I take out my key, unlock the door, and immediately bolt straight inside. Leaning my back against the wall as I dashed in, I then let my feet give me away; as I find myself collapsing on the ground with my hands covered over my mouth.

Minah.

He called me Minah.

The sudden rush of adrenaline jolted again as my heavy pants resonate through my ears, mind not knowing whether to feel excited or anxious.

"Minah."

I feel my face flush just at the reminiscence of his words, wanting so badly to hear them again.

I missed that name.

I sigh, arms coming around to hug my knees close to my chest. Sitting there, I close my eyes, calming myself from all the rush of energy that had bubbled inside me.

But my moment on the floor didn't last long, as soon I realised I currently have someone else now living in this house with me as well.

"Hwamin? Why are you on the ground?" I see my mom come out from the living room, eyes staring at me peculiarly. "You looked liked you just sprinted back home. What's the hurry?"

"Ah?" I come back to my senses, feet bringing myself to stand back up. "Oh, hi mom."

She tilts her hand, arms crossed as she doesn't move. The TV remote was still in her hand as she gently leans against the entrance frame, still peering at me suspiciously. "I would say hi back, but you didn't answer my question. Why are you all tired?"

"Eh?" I jump up a bit, only to realise how shallow my breathing still was.

I basically ran home today after work, riding on the leftover shock of what happened. I was planning to tell Jisung after I get to my room, but it seems like I've made someone else curious as well.

But the amount of explaining I'd have to do for mom was probably a bad idea enough in my mind, as my brain went over to choose the option of a lame excuse.

"Oh, uhhhh," I say, bending down on my feet to take my shoes off, and to avoid eye contact. "I just thought some exercise would do me good, that's all."

She gives me another pointed look, and I can tell she doesn't fully believe me.

Beginning to panic, I quickly change the topic before she could say anything else.

"W-well ahhh, anyways, have you eaten yet mom?" I ask, neatly placing my shoes to the side as I made my way inside. "It's kinda late, so I'm just making sure."

"I ordered take out. Too tired to cook after those stupid clients today." She replies, seeming to them have immediately drop the previous conversation, in which I mentally sigh in relief. "Do you want to eat with me? This drama I'm watching is really good, we can binge it together."

"Oh, no thanks, I'm going straight to bed tonight." I say, setting down my bag at the edge of the stairs as I take my phone out. The screen lights up, already showing a few new messages.

You have 2 unread messages from "Hyunjin's husband :D"

I giggle, tapping on the notification.