43 || Unstable

Minah's P.O.V.

it just was another normal session of smash, the screen filling up with the glorious scene of flying characters. Which if you ask me, is the most entertaining part of any video game.

Hyunjin bounces over to the couch beside me, picking up a game controller. "Can I play?" He asks, though he already had his character selected.

"Of course you can... future husband of Jisung...," I whispered the last part, and to my relief, he doesn't hear anything. "Weren't you helping in the kitchen though? I strongly advise you to never leave Jisung alone in there for more than three minutes."

"Cool! Thanks! Who do you usually main as?" He asks, immediately selecting Charizard, and changing his colour to green. "And I wouldn't worry too much about Jisung, if anything, it'll be his kitchen that will get blown up."

"Well, true." I laugh, before smiling sheepishly. "And I know it's a bit of a cop out, but I always use Kirby... it's just so easy to spam his down-b attack, you know?"

"Ah, I get it," Hyunjin smiles, and the game quickly starts. "My strategy is to press every button I can find on the controller until it does something useful."

I laugh. "Wow, effective."

He chuckles as well, conveniently pressing an attack button that sends me flying off the map. "Aha. It sure is."

"Hey!" I pout, playfully nudging his arm with my elbow. "that was uncalled for."

But despite the fact that I was constantly getting blown off the map, playing with Hyunjin was actually quite fun. We talked, laughed, and in the moment- I almost forgot about Minho.

"You're pretty good at this game, aren't you?" I say as I bounce on the couch for no particular reason. "Jisung mains as Link, you should play with him sometime."

"Well, we could call him over later, when he's done with the food." He giggles, sending a few more character off a the map. "And I appreciate the compliment, no one can stop me now-"

"HYUNJIN-AH CAN YA COME HELP ME?" Jisung calls from the kitchen, the stress in his voice nearly palpable. "I've made a mistake!"

The boy and I both turn towards the voice came from, both of us breaking out into a small laughing fit. "Sure, Sungie!" Hyunjin yells back, standing up. "Sorry, Minah."

"It's okay, I'll just keep playing against the auto-generated characters," I shrug, continuously spamming the buttons on my controller. "You'd better hurry, though."

"Right. I guess I really don't want Jisung to burn down the kitchen," Hyunjin laughs again, leaving to go see Jisung. He casually strolls over, disappearing around the corner of the kitchen doorway.

"Nothing can stop Hyunjin, except for his one and only husband." I silently chuckle, before turning back to my game. I continue to mindlessly blast off random characters, watching as all the CPU's fly off the screen.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" A chaotic scream in which seems to be Jisung's comes from the kitchen, echoing throughout the whole house. I flinch, immediately jerking my head towards the frame way.

"Yah, I'll be fine Ji, just give me a few seconds."

"Are you sure you're not gonna fall?"

...I crinkle my eyebrows, the expression on my face probably rather peculiar.

What the heck is happening in there?

Figuring out that I could just skip Jisung later, I shrug it off and continue to put my focus on the TV in front of me.