19 || Secrets

I instantly back away from Lee Know, my nerves getting the better of me as I flinch. I cautiously bring a hand up to my cheek.

Ah.. my face is still so warm..

If Jisung hadn't run in right now, could we have..?

With a start, I shake the thought out of my head. Let's talk to Jisung now, and think about.. this.. later.

I walk towards him, as he now made the floor his home. Jisung lies down, face planted against the ground, grumbling away mindlessly. "Minah, I'm dead," he mumbles.

Lee Know looks towards us, confused. He takes a few steps back, and sit down in my desk chair, leaving me to figure out what was happening. "You're.. dead? Why? Did something happen?"

He lifts his head up, and rolls over into his back to look at me. The rest of his body is ghostly pale in comparison to his beet red face. "I asked Hyunjin out on a date, and he said yes, but I haven't been in a date in a really long time and I don't-" he basically whispers, making me strain to hear him.

"Sorry, Jisung," I pat his shoulder sympathetically. "But, uhm, could you speak up? I'm having a hard time hearing you."

"I ASKED HYUNJIN OUT AND NOW APPARENTLY WE HAVE A DATE THIS WEEKEND."

I pause. "WAIT. Hyunjin agreed to go out with you? Congrats! So why are you so...?" I ask, confused. I notice his heavy breathing as he sits up, and check his pulse. "Jisung, your heart is vibrating-"

"I HAVEN'T BEEN ON A DATE SINCE LIKE HIGHSCHOOL HELP."

A joking sigh escapes my lips. "Please stop shouting, he might hear you," I say, chuckling the slightest bit. At that, Jisung quickly slaps his hands over his mouth. "And I'm sorry, but how could I help? You know I don't really have, um, experience with date-y stuff."

"AsdfkkkfkzjAjajajks but can you help me prepare anyways?" He asks, frowning like a sad puppy. I can't help but look over towards Lee Know, who is busying himself with straightening pencils instead.

"Help you prepare? Like, mentally?" I ask, slightly confused.

You know Jisung, wouldn't Felix have been a better option for this?

"Oh! Yeah! Mentally! Because I swear, I lost all rational thoughts the moment I started talking to Hy- him," Jisung admits, blushing an even deeper shade of red.

I giggle, watching this squirrel turning more and more shy by the minute. "Ah, well.. just think of how much you like him, and you'll have a good time," I say, flashing a thumbs up.

Jisung frowns, making some inhuman gurgling sounds. "Miinaah...  that doesn't helppp. I need motivation! Fan my already blown up ego!" He gurgles again, deflating.

I laugh quietly, pulling him off the floor. There were still a few chairs left from the fort, since nobody could remember what office they were from, so I sit Jisung down there, right across from me. "So, Hyunjin," I stall, trying to think of something to say about him. But now that I'm actually searching for something, I realize I don't know anything about Hyunjin. "Uhm.. he's very nice. So you should be nice to him, too!"

I mentally slap myself.

Jisung frowns again, looking somewhat like a grumpy fish.

I half-heartedly laugh, reaching over to pat his head. But what me and Jisung didn't notice, was Lee know; as he quietly walked over to my desk, picking up my phone.

Scanning the device, he started dialing Felix.

"Calling... "Jisung's partner in crime"