Under Attack

We had been waiting over three hours and we were about to give up until we heard the door creak open. We quickly pretended we were sleeping. I felt something cold as ice press against my neck. Before they could draw blood I grabbed the blade and lit it on fire, along with their hand.

Saxon shot up out of the bed and quickly surrounded them in a ring of fire. Isabella jumped up off the couch and stood beside us.

"I wasn't expecting you," Isabella said.

"Me neither, I was expecting your mate, Caleb," Saxon said as he crossed his arms.

"Either way I'm sure your mate knew about this little assassination attempt. You guys will be tried for the attempted murder of Hell's Queen," I said.

"You have no proof," Caleb spat.

"Try again. This whole thing is being recorded," Isabella said. 

"Saxon, why don't you and Isabella take him to Hell. I'll meet you there, just keep the portal open for me," I said as I left the room.

I walked through the hall kicking open doors looking for Melody.

"Come out come out, wherever you are," I taunted. 

I finally came upon two double doors at the end of the hall. I kicked them open and stepped into the room. I the middle of the room there was a bed, where Melody was sitting. I sensed someone behind me. I turned around and my hand instantly went around there throat. It was Chris.

"This child again," Cassie said. I could picture her rolling her eyes. 

"Take your brother and leave. If I ever see your faces again, I'll rip Riley's heart out and shove it down your throat," I growled out. He ran out of the room without looking at Melody. I stalked over to Melody and pushed her off the bed. I grabbed her by the hair and dragged her through the hallway and into the room. I pushed her through the portal before walking through it myself. 

When we stepped out on the other side we were in front of the cells. I opened one and shoved Melody into it, before closing it and going upstairs where Saxon and Isabella were waiting for me in the kitchen. 

"We put Caleb in a cell," Saxon said. 

"I put Melody in one too," I responded with a yawn. Saxon chuckled at me as he grabbed my hand. 

"I think we need some sleep," he said.

"Agreed," Isabella said. When we got to our room I walked into the closet and got ready for bed. When I exited Saxon was standing in front of the bed. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry I have been caught up in everything, but us," I said.

"That's what I wanted to talk about," he said. He pulled a velvet box out of his jacket and got down on one knee. 

"What--?" I questioned.

"I know we haven't known each other long, but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you to know that with or without your demon I will always love you. Jennifer, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" 

By now I was in tears.

"YES. YES A MILLION TIMES YES," I said as tears rolled down my face. I held my hand out and he slid the ring on my finger. The ring was beautiful. It was sterling silver with rose gold flowers going up the side of it. There was a blue topaz on the top that was surrounded by white diamonds.

He stood up and placed a kiss on my forehead. We pulled the blanket back and climbed into bed. I turned and snuggled into his warm chest.

"I love you," he said as he pressed a kiss to my shoulder.

"I love you too," I said as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and went downstairs where Isabella was eating breakfast. I sat next to her and she immediately snatched my hand. Her eyes narrowed in on the ring before they widened. 

"HE PROPOSED!?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said as I looked at the ring with a small smile. 

"When is the wedding?" Isabella asked.

"I was thinking after Jay killed an angel, to get her demon back," Saxon said from the doorway. He came and sat next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. A maid placed a cup of bloodin in front of me. 

"Are you sure you want to wait that long?" I asked him as I raised the cup to my lips.

"Anything for you," he replied.

 A piece of paper appeared on the table addressed to Isabella. She picked it up and read it.

"Oh my god," she whispered. 

"What's wrong," I asked.

"My castle. It's under attack," she said.

I dropped my cup causing the glass to shatter and blood to spill on the floor.

"By who?" I demanded

"It's the werewolves."